Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: teamster6 on February 08, 2013, 13:31:19 PM

Title: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: teamster6 on February 08, 2013, 13:31:19 PM
I cant believe those INdians are going for that kind of money. Well I guess I could buy at least 8 or 9 drifters for that kind of money and ride forever ha ha

t6
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: pcarrell on February 08, 2013, 13:39:20 PM
.....and that's before you load it up with options!
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: 49Reo on February 08, 2013, 14:22:57 PM
And they wonder why they keep going extinct.

49Reo
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: teamster6 on February 08, 2013, 15:11:27 PM
A friend of mine sent me this pic from a bike show in maryland. The cylinders look really high not like a real indian. Side by side I would say the drifter looks alot more like the original with the lower styled cylinders.

t6
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: marshalldoll on February 08, 2013, 19:47:08 PM
If I were going to spend 36K I would buy a Kiwi Indian. Then you have the original Indian look with modern mechanics. Just my opinion.
Dan
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: 49Reo on February 08, 2013, 19:55:52 PM
I agree with you MD, on the Kiwi Indian. Yes, Teamster6, those jugs are tall; that is the "bottle-top" (so called due to how the rocker covers resemble a bottle cap) engine, the "Power-plus produced by Indian in their later years. Definitely overpriced; a Kiwi Indian is MUCH more bang for the buck. (IMHO)

49Reo
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: FloridaDrifter on February 20, 2013, 18:39:02 PM
As a fan of classic Indians, I try to like what Polaris is doing. Can't do it.  Wish Kawa bought the Indian name and reintroduced the drifter...
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 18:54:06 PM
I keep wondering how they are going to sell enough of those bikes to stay in buisness at the price. Im betting they are gonna fold and loose just like before when they were asking like 23,000 per bike.

t6
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: pcarrell on February 20, 2013, 19:17:46 PM
I'm surprised Polaris didn't drop the price when they took over.
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: teamster6 on February 20, 2013, 20:28:15 PM
Well if they fold Kawasaki ought to hit the band wagon and reproduce the drifter yeah!

t6
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: 45 Bravo on February 20, 2013, 21:38:28 PM
Last year I talked to Mike Tomas of kiwi talking bout their 101 chout (a 1920's 101 scout frame with a 40's chief engine) design.

Delivered, about $30 something thousand.

This is what I would buy if I win the lottery.

I just love the look, and just have to have one one day

45 Bravo

Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: DC on February 21, 2013, 07:16:53 AM
That's some ultra serious coin for either a Polaris Indian or a Kiwi Chout.  Okay, how do I win the lottery?
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: CDNRatMan on February 21, 2013, 07:21:50 AM
   Well Every Friday afternoon I work on my retirment plan and to help the people out I take $12.00 and throw it out the window and buy my lottery tickets........last month I had 30 tickets that I had not checked so I took them in one evening to the locla store and scanned them.....I ended up owning $2.00 so I could leave after getting my tickets scanned......if I win I'll buy 45 one of them bikes because he would look cool riding one.....DC I'll help cover the cost of one for you too....when I win....
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: DC on February 21, 2013, 07:32:56 AM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 21, 2013, 07:21:50 AM
   Well Every Friday afternoon I work on my retirment plan and to help the people out I take $12.00 and throw it out the window and buy my lottery tickets........last month I had 30 tickets that I had not checked so I took them in one evening to the locla store and scanned them.....I ended up owning $2.00 so I could leave after getting my tickets scanned......if I win I'll buy 45 one of them bikes because he would look cool riding one.....DC I'll help cover the cost of one for you too....when I win....

RatMan, I toss my money out the window (play the lottery) each week.  If I ever win big, I'll be sure to help you get into one too.  Thx!   8)
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: greenbarn on March 01, 2013, 21:15:00 PM
Quote from: marshalldoll on February 08, 2013, 19:47:08 PM
If I were going to spend 36K I would buy a Kiwi Indian. Then you have the original Indian look with modern mechanics.

Heck, if I had that much to spend, I think I'd get an original indian..., and keep my difter - for the modern mechanics.....
Title: Re: New Indians going at 36,000 are you kidding me?
Post by: teamster6 on March 08, 2013, 08:30:08 AM
When I started in to road bikes I bought a 2003 1200 voyager, a 99 nomad, and the 2001 drifter all three for less than a third of that price plus a side car.

t6