Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: annieoakley on January 10, 2011, 09:34:55 AM

Title: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 10, 2011, 09:34:55 AM
Guess I'll just drink coffee instead! :o
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: TripWire on January 10, 2011, 10:39:03 AM
Welcome to the northern rider's world.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 10, 2011, 10:44:29 AM
Yeah, except I relocated and now I am a few states west! I guess I should update my profile huh? While Indiana has been buried in snow since December, this is our first real measurable snow, and with any luck most of it will be gone in a couple days! ;D Then it will be back in the saddle again.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: Troll on January 10, 2011, 14:16:44 PM
Has to warm up here to snow.  Predicting  -5 again by the weekend. I hate winter >:(
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 10, 2011, 17:12:43 PM
We have been holding between 50-70 since November. I have been out riding every week until yesterday, haven't figured out where to put the ski's on the scooter ;D Oh well, I'll give my bike a couple days rest, we needed the moisture here badly so I won't complain too much.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: chief on January 10, 2011, 19:33:27 PM
Yeah about 5 inches here.

Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: TripWire on January 11, 2011, 10:11:15 AM
Quote from: Troll on January 10, 2011, 14:16:44 PM
Has to warm up here to snow.  Predicting  -5 again by the weekend. I hate winter >:(

It's hard to ride snowmobiles when is above freezing so I will take winter.  What I don't like is the cold but no snow on the trails.  My "cold" limit for snowmobiling is -10 to -15, any colder than that and you just can't keep warm enough to enjoy the ride when you are doing 60-90mph.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: Troll on January 11, 2011, 14:36:22 PM
Snowmobiling is something I have never gotten into. Plenty of it around here, and with the heated clothes and helmets, they really don't have any low temp. limits. The only thing that stops them is when the trails are closed, so they have to use the lakes, instead. Gotta be careful with all the ice fishermen, though.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 11, 2011, 16:00:18 PM
WooHoo half the snow is melted! 50's by Friday and all weekend. I foresee a few more miles of driftin' ;D
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: Troll on January 12, 2011, 16:18:19 PM
Hmmmm. we just got another 5" over night. You know it's way too much snow when the snow blower can't put the new stuff over the top of last weeks pile.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: 1SG CAV on January 16, 2011, 22:07:07 PM
It's 55 here with over an inch of rain a day, just a normal winter day here in the Pacific northwest. I won't be able to ride for a while. My tank, front fender, and side covers are at the painters'.  She is adding extra flags on it for free. I finally came up with the saying that will fit all the art work. It will be right below the Indian head light on the fender. It will read "HONORING THEIR SACRIFICE" It should be done around March.
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 17, 2011, 08:12:08 AM
I'm excited to see the finished results! Getting a new paint job is a great excuse for not riding ;D
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: Troll on January 22, 2011, 11:26:05 AM
A little cold this morning.....I heard they are blaming this on "global warming" . That 's going to be a tough sell.....
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: chief on January 22, 2011, 17:03:38 PM
I've been hearing its talk shows that's causing it..??  :o
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 29, 2011, 16:50:53 PM
Oh Boy! Two days of 65+ degree weather! It's like spring time ;D One more day in the 60's and then we get some more winter (for a couple days) then its back to Driftin. This has been the best winter riding yet. (sorry Northerners, I hope winter doesn't stay long for you  :'()
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: 1SG CAV on January 31, 2011, 17:10:18 PM
Do some riding for me, while I wait for my parts to return from the painters ;)
Title: Re: No riding today
Post by: annieoakley on January 31, 2011, 17:30:11 PM
No ridin' today, mother nature decided we needed a bit of snow and cold. -30 windchills tonight and tomorrow, thats a little chilly for driftin! :o Back in the 50's by Friday. Can't wait to see your new paint all together. Hope it's not too much longer.