Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: pcarrell on April 22, 2009, 20:52:30 PM

Title: She's Back!
Post by: pcarrell on April 22, 2009, 20:52:30 PM
Guess what!

I got my bike back today!  The shop has had it a few weeks doing a bunch of stuff.  Brakes, seals, tires, electrical........

Those tires make a world of difference in the handling.  And they look fantastic!  Check out the before & after.........

Before
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FIMG_0559small.jpg&hash=fc9a3f311bfd2a4c19562a467008180f1827c259)

After
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FMotorcycle005.jpg&hash=d83ffee9f2e7aa9217e208a01d4b298d1feb0db0)
(https://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi83.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj319%2Fpcarrell%2FDrifter%2FMotorcycle006.jpg&hash=f468c9a36f01f649ebe205e706c6109116e8d4ce)
Title: Re: She's Back!
Post by: drifter800 on April 23, 2009, 22:29:47 PM
Looking good man. I have to get skins for mine to. Still running the original Dunlops with 20000 miles. I think i'm going for Metlers this time around. Just fired mine up tonite. Started right up with a few cranks. Didn't even have to charge the battery. Sitting since late last october. Our riding season is short here.
Title: Re: She's Back!
Post by: Palidin on April 26, 2009, 00:26:41 AM
Looking good!!! Those whitewalls really set her off. Nice aggressive tread pattern too!! 
Title: Re: She's Back!
Post by: chief on April 27, 2009, 00:08:22 AM
I love the look of the drifter with whitewalls. Nice work.  I replace the tires on my bikes FREQUENTLY... they are simply too important to handling and safety. (And, I've spent the night on the side of the road because I tried to squeeze out a few more miles on a rear tire!)

Cheers.
Title: Re: She's Back!
Post by: pcarrell on April 27, 2009, 10:16:37 AM
I thought about going with the Metzlers.  I picked the Conti Milestones though because they're supposed to have a stiffer sidewall, so that should help a little with the load carrying capabilities.  Since my wife and I are "healthy" sized people, and we want to do some touring, I thought this might be good.
Title: Re: She's Back!
Post by: Drifterdamien on May 25, 2009, 07:21:41 AM
nice bike i also run the metzlers in the white wall  they ar ethe best tyre the stick to the road well and handle the load very well iwe travel two up regulary and i also have a trailer for mine plus they last longer