Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: DC on December 03, 2012, 14:20:20 PM

Title: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: DC on December 03, 2012, 14:20:20 PM
What are you using for pants, jacket, boots, gloves, etc., heated or unheated?  What brands do you recommend?  Which ones didn't you like?
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: KEN. on December 04, 2012, 03:07:12 AM
Hello All............1st gear thermo suit is for my cold weather riding .....Have  nice leather riding jacket from Harley that works great.....long zippers in front and back to keep ya cool and zipps up easily for warmth......Had a couple Joe Rocket fabric jackets and pants....gave them away!...I hated the jackets shitty position for front pockets and way too small openings. The only good things about them were zippered openings at the shoulder that had a stiff mouldable strip to form a cup to aid  "grabbing air"  to cool you down...also had a problem with Joe Rocket warranty.....I'll never buy from them again......had a series of leather jackets over the yrs but the one I've got now is the best I've ever had...Along with the best items you can purchase...Electric vest.....heated grips,
I like open helmets with ear flaps and flip up face shields...most of those shields are junk with lousy optical clarity...I have now got the best shields I've ever found...Super Seer full clarity!
Super Seer Corporation
PO Box 700

Evergreen  CO  80437

Contact Numbers
(800) 645-1285 : Voice
(800) 645-1285 : Toll Free Number
(303) 674-8540 : Fax

.......KEN.
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: pcarrell on December 04, 2012, 07:32:37 AM
Heavy boots, thick socks, thermal underwear under thick jeans with thermal lined buffalo leather chaps, cotton T shirt with a thermal lined jeans shirt over top, a nice heavy thinsulate lined leather jacket, thinsulate lined leather gauntlet gloves (for really cold riding I add those hand warmer packs that hunters use), and my Nolan N-102 helmet.  Sometimes I have to open the shield a little because it gets hot in there!
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 04, 2012, 17:04:27 PM
 my military artic longjohns, carharrt pants, leather chaps, nylon then woolen socks in my boots, regular combat boots. Artic longjohn shirt, T shirt, sweat shirt, Rincon Tourmaster textile jacket w or without liner. open face helmet with clear safety glasses. then because I am diabetic and my hands get cold fast I have a pair of artic gloves good for -40* so I am toasty warm.....and thinking happy thoughts.....
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: pcarrell on December 04, 2012, 17:09:35 PM
Quote from: CDNRatMan on December 04, 2012, 17:04:27 PM
my military artic longjohns, carharrt pants, leather chaps, nylon then woolen socks in my boots, regular combat boots. Artic longjohn shirt, T shirt, sweat shirt, Rincon Tourmaster textile jacket w or without liner. open face helmet with clear safety glasses. then because I am diabetic and my hands get cold fast I have a pair of artic gloves good for -40* so I am toasty warm.....and thinking happy thoughts.....

And that's his summer gear................
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 04, 2012, 19:10:36 PM
   I'll just let that slide off and carry on.....
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: pcarrell on December 04, 2012, 19:19:05 PM
***That's because he can't deny it!***
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: Troll on December 04, 2012, 19:28:57 PM
What do you suppose he will do in Georgia? The picture of him shoveling snow comes to mind.......
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: pcarrell on December 04, 2012, 19:36:06 PM
Maybe we should launch a preemptive strike?  Let's all chip in on a truckload of dry ice.  On second thought, he'll probably "shovel snow" no matter what the weather, knowing him!
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: CDNRatMan on December 04, 2012, 19:55:24 PM
  Troll, I moved from Goose Bay Labradour to Colorado Springs CO......my next door neighbours were from Scott City KS. They asked me once about the furnace in the house, told them I had lived there for 2 years and had yet to turn it on. But I did use the wood fire place on the cooler days. They did not like going skiing with me because I did not dress"warm" enough for them......lol....as for Georgia, as long as the room has A/C I am fine....

I hear some noise in th background....need to start to wear the tinfoil hat again to stop that noise.....
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: Troll on December 04, 2012, 20:07:40 PM
I had a friend, who passed last year...he lived an Anchorage AK. He had to move into town because of medical issues. When I met him, he lived in Wasilla. When ever he'd come to the lower 48, he had the AC in his room running full cold, even in the "winter" months...
Title: Re: What cold weather gear are you using?
Post by: John Hopkins on December 27, 2012, 11:12:11 AM
Hot water bottle..

John.