Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: jveley on October 25, 2010, 08:19:05 AM

Title: Headlight problem
Post by: jveley on October 25, 2010, 08:19:05 AM
I just bought a 2001 Drifter 800, and for some reason the headlight doesn't come on (and neither does the indian fender light).  I checked the fuse (even replaced it anyway), removed the headlight assembly and checked the connections.  Any ideas?
Title: Re: Headlight problem
Post by: chief on October 25, 2010, 10:44:38 AM
Check bulbs, switches (and fuses). I assume the bike is running and still no lights. Then start tracing wires. Since a mod has been done, wiring may be a problem and there may be additional fuses or relays. Don't assume the bulbs are good either. I had a bike which lost the headlight and one spot at the same time, the second spot failed two days later.