I drove down to St. Petersburg Florida from Northern Ontario Canada to buy my 1999 1500 Drifter approx 3,200 miles return trip.
Picked it up Oct 04/2010 from a gentleman who had it advertized it on this site he was selling due to health reasons.
Before I was able to return to Canada this 11yr Drifter Owner passed away, this bike was his pride and joy!
Please say a little prayer for his Wife and Family
Steven DesChenes
Disabled Vietnam Veteran
June 30 1952----October 8 2010
Rest in peace my friend :'(
Godspeed.
Rest in peace my brother, may God be with your family in this sad and trying time.
I'm sure it made him very happy that you drive 3200 miles for his bike, and he knows it was in good hands.
Mark
WOW , Its like he was waiting for you ...sure puts a lump in your throat when you think about it...MAY GOD BLESS HIM !!!
Give his Drifter a good home and his memory will stay alive. I mounted my Dads (he passed away 6 yrs ago) belt buckle on my rear mud flap. It looks great and he's with me on every ride.