Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: KEN. on July 22, 2012, 13:08:42 PM

Title: Bags & Top case.....
Post by: KEN. on July 22, 2012, 13:08:42 PM
Hello All.......Well I've finished... for now, the leather saddle bags and top case addition.
All Harley parts...windshield, solo seat, bags & top case. I've also installed some LED Lamps for the front light bar & rear turn signals...the front are low & high...kinda strange looking but you will be noticed...when I put the bags on the stock rear lamps were making contact with the bags on compression . So I had some mini amber LED's... so I just removed the stock lamps and did a small weld on the housing ( I had some old handle bars that I used for the housing i.5 " long) so the LED's    fit right inside with the rubber grommit ....they are bright!  The bags & top case  can be removed with 4 bolts in just a couple of mins.
Title: Re: Bags & Top case.....
Post by: Troll on July 22, 2012, 15:13:29 PM
Must be that everybody has one of those old H-D tour-paks laying around. I put one on my 1500 last year for a trip, but the top reflector hit the bottom of it in serious road construction, and I lost the reflector somewhere in S.Dakota...
Title: Re: Bags & Top case.....
Post by: KEN. on August 06, 2012, 23:17:09 PM
Reflector ???.....do you mean the one on the stock license plate bracket?....KEN.
Title: Re: Bags & Top case.....
Post by: Troll on August 07, 2012, 07:23:19 AM
Yes, I do...that would be the one required by federal law...