Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: billster50 on August 14, 2010, 09:38:43 AM

Title: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: billster50 on August 14, 2010, 09:38:43 AM
And I'm in the market, what do you think is the better deal, (personally I'm using the 10K and under miles as one of my guidelines) older year or newer year version of the Drifter? Is the black out a rarer bird and hence more valued or does it even matter as in "eye of the owner"?
Title: Re: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: aclone on August 15, 2010, 12:54:25 PM
Buy what you like ? Condition who owened the bike and how they took care of it , along with options all figure in to the price.  As for the   black or chrome  I think they are worth the same . ( I like chrome much better than the Dark side). Will include a link to a good web site has drifter for sale from ebay and craigslist.
Mark                                                                                                                                                                 http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpmoto&itm=kawasaki&loc=&fil=drifter&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=100&submit=++++go++++
Title: Re: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: Varooom on August 15, 2010, 14:07:01 PM
I have a garage that gets damp often during the year.  I love the blacked out 1999 because it has little chrome to get pitted.
Varooom
Title: Re: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: billster50 on August 15, 2010, 16:44:31 PM
Quote from: aclone on August 15, 2010, 12:54:25 PM
Buy what you like ? Condition who owened the bike and how they took care of it , along with options all figure in to the price.  As for the   black or chrome  I think they are worth the same . ( I like chrome much better than the Dark side). Will include a link to a good web site has drifter for sale from ebay and craigslist.
Mark                                                                                                                                                                 http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpmoto&itm=kawasaki&loc=&fil=drifter&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=100&submit=++++go++++

Way ahead of you. Been using the site mash for almost 8 mos now to look at/for various vehicles. I usually follow it up with a look thru ebay just in case it did not make the list.

My thoughts are to educate myself as much as possible before spending alot of physical time chasing down a bike. I'll have a much better idea of the going rate/market value and what to watch for. Planning to pay cash and hopefully in the winter when prices will be at their lowest, might be able to trailer it home. Still don't have a license or safety course yet. Still in the dreaming phase.
Title: Re: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: aclone on August 16, 2010, 09:14:23 AM
You seem to be well on your way. My wife just got her license I'm looking for a 250 for her to start with then  when she is ready move up to an 800 drifter.  If you have any question let me know and good luck.
Mark
Title: Re: Since all Drifters going forward will be used
Post by: Duffy on August 16, 2010, 19:42:15 PM
Quote from: billster50 on August 14, 2010, 09:38:43 AM
And I'm in the market, what do you think is the better deal, (personally I'm using the 10K and under miles as one of my guidelines) older year or newer year version of the Drifter? Is the black out a rarer bird and hence more valued or does it even matter as in "eye of the owner"?

I don't know where you're located but I've got a 99' 1500 for sale (Burlington, Wa.).

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1600.0