Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: funkeydragon on August 09, 2010, 09:36:13 AM

Title: My new old style saddle
Post by: funkeydragon on August 09, 2010, 09:36:13 AM
I finally managed to get the single seat on.

Now it looks right  ;D

I've also changed the handlebar from apehanger to a reproduction of a 1950 one from kromewerks.

Looks right and good!!!  8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: TerryG on August 09, 2010, 17:25:49 PM
Looks great! Sweet paint job too.
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: BOOP on August 09, 2010, 20:54:02 PM
awesome paint job!
Title: Somebody explain this to me
Post by: billster50 on August 09, 2010, 21:57:51 PM
The fringe. I'm not a motorcycle guy and alot of pics I see the bikes have fringe on the saddles/bars/bags/floor boards. Why? Purpose?

The wood town fenders, how did they do that?
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: billster50 on August 09, 2010, 21:59:18 PM
Speaking of saddles, is there an after market sprung saddle direct replacement for the 800?
Title: Re: Somebody explain this to me
Post by: funkeydragon on August 10, 2010, 05:14:18 AM
Quote from: billster50 on August 09, 2010, 21:57:51 PM
The fringe. I'm not a motorcycle guy and alot of pics I see the bikes have fringe on the saddles/bars/bags/floor boards. Why? Purpose?

The wood town fenders, how did they do that?

The fringe is just an "accessorie"  ;D no real purpose really other than show.
The wood effect is an airbrush job...and it was a skilled airbrusher!!!!

As for the aftermarket sprung saddle there is only the double seat or the single seat as a direct replacement.
For a sprung saddle you have to adapt like I did.
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: annieoakley on August 10, 2010, 08:56:12 AM
Fringe is the extra "bling" that goes with the shiny chrome ;D Depending on how it is applied, it can give each bike it's own individual look. I love fringe and chrome! ;D ;D (Your paint job is pretty cool too!)
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: emjayw on September 06, 2010, 15:52:31 PM
Funkydragon...... how's the new seat for comfort?  Looks nice.  Mike in TX
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: Duffy on September 06, 2010, 17:17:40 PM
I have seen ads on e-Bay for a sprung seat for the Drifters.  Advertised as direct replacements with all the hardware.
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: funkeydragon on September 06, 2010, 19:43:20 PM
Quote from: emjayw on September 06, 2010, 15:52:31 PM
Funkydragon...... how's the new seat for comfort?  Looks nice.  Mike in TX
seat comfort is a lot better than expected, and better than the stock seat!!! Still have to do a proper ride with it because I'm still
looking for the exact spot for it. Still too high in the picture for example

Quote from: Duffy on September 06, 2010, 17:17:40 PM
I have seen ads on e-Bay for a sprung seat for the Drifters.  Advertised as direct replacements with all the hardware.
this is exactly an ebay ad and the guy I got it from is wonderful...full after sales question answered!!!!!
higly recommended
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: scamp62 on September 23, 2010, 19:35:07 PM
can you give the info on the seat guy, i don't see anything on e-bay but a BE-DAZALER kit for a solo seat, I'm looking for a stock or stocl like seat for an 800,  
Title: Re: My new old style saddle
Post by: funkeydragon on September 24, 2010, 04:50:39 AM
email of the seat person in private message  ;)