Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: bpurvis68 on May 27, 2012, 01:04:30 AM

Title: California model
Post by: bpurvis68 on May 27, 2012, 01:04:30 AM
So I purchased a 2006 drifter 800 and it is the California model.  I live in NM and would like to have my storage box freed up to use however it is full of all of the CA emissions stuff.  Possible to remove that stuff since it is not required here in NM?  Any harm in doing so and if not, anyone know of any instructions on how to remove that stuff?

thanks again,

B
Title: Re: California model
Post by: 49Reo on May 27, 2012, 10:09:57 AM
Look in the mods/tips section on the home page; it is outlined there.

Regards and such,
49Reo
Title: Re: California model
Post by: bpurvis68 on May 27, 2012, 10:35:46 AM
Thanks Reo, if you see any info about removing the canister in the mods section, please link me.  I have scoured that area of the board and found nothing on how to do it. 

Best,

BP
Title: Re: California model
Post by: chief on May 29, 2012, 11:47:33 AM
http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/reviewpost/showcat.php/cat/57 (http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/reviewpost/showcat.php/cat/57)


Two different methods for removal of smog stuff.
Title: Re: California model
Post by: bpurvis68 on May 29, 2012, 23:41:59 PM
Thanks a million Chief!  I appreciate it.  I usually don't ask people for help with the leg work on forums but I was having a heck of a time finding that for some reason.  Do you think it's worth doing or should I just leave it alone?  I would really like the storage space since I don't use saddle bags.  Also, I noticed that the "marbling" and "coaster" projects are for a 1500, will it work the same on my 800?  What I really want to do is remove the canister.  Sorry to be such a pain.

Bryan
Title: Re: California model
Post by: chief on May 30, 2012, 09:04:14 AM
Sorry, didn't think about that...


This is referred to as "afterburner" removal for the 800. We have a couple of mods relating to this... but this one may work best for you...


http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/russwolf/documents/afterburner.pdf (http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/russwolf/documents/afterburner.pdf)
Title: Re: California model
Post by: bpurvis68 on May 30, 2012, 23:14:30 PM
Awesome, thanks again Chief, much appreciated.  I've always loved these bikes and have tried to get one for many many years.  Now that I have one, I love them even more.  Not only are they beautiful, but they ride great too!!