Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 800 Only => Topic started by: topherloaf on July 18, 2010, 18:48:00 PM

Title: Grips
Post by: topherloaf on July 18, 2010, 18:48:00 PM
Anybody know where somebody is offering good grips at a good price.  I don't want to pay $65 for the popular kyryakyn stuff and not really my favorite anyway, but I've seen some on JC Whitney's site.  Are any of those good?  I'm looking for under $20.  Thanks!!



Chris
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: TC on July 18, 2010, 22:56:43 PM
 I bought a pair for $14 and they didn't come with the whole unit for the throtle. I had to cut the grip on the throtle side and peel it off. Still didn't look right. The left side was to long so I tossed them and bought ISO grips.
You get what you pay for.
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: TripWire on July 19, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
I installed Jammer Vintage grips on my 800.  They feel great and I love the old school look.  I did need to tweek the bar ends before installing them but they work great for me.

Picked them up from here for $12 and shipping was free. http://www.middletennesseecycles.com/ZCART/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=219 (http://www.middletennesseecycles.com/ZCART/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=219)
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: topherloaf on July 23, 2010, 23:15:00 PM
I broke down and got universal ISOs.  Might as well right???
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: topherloaf on July 29, 2010, 12:20:28 PM
Good grief...these ISOs are bigger around than I thought.  I hope they're more comfy that way.  Definately bigger than what's on the bike now.  Oh well!!!  I hope I like em!
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: theylive on July 31, 2010, 15:45:00 PM
Quote from: TripWire on July 19, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
I installed Jammer Vintage grips on my 800.  They feel great and I love the old school look.  I did need to tweek the bar ends before installing them but they work great for me.

Picked them up from here for $12 and shipping was free. http://www.middletennesseecycles.com/ZCART/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=219 (http://www.middletennesseecycles.com/ZCART/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=219)

Did you need to buy a throttle sleeve, or did the throttle grip just slip right on over the existing one?
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: Varooom on August 01, 2010, 12:28:46 PM
I've always enjoyed the built in stash in the stock grips!
Just kidding but it does exist for those of that mind,
Varooom
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: chief on August 02, 2010, 13:12:59 PM
Bunch of info...

http://www.VulcanDrifterRiders.com/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=all&stype=1&si=grips
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: TripWire on August 02, 2010, 13:22:14 PM
Quote from: theylive on July 31, 2010, 15:45:00 PM
Did you need to buy a throttle sleeve, or did the throttle grip just slip right on over the existing one?

I used the stock throttle sleeve.  one grip has a slightly larger diameter that the other.  Make sure you figure out which on is the large.  I hear it can be a bugger to remove if you force the wrong one on.  :0
Title: Re: Grips
Post by: theylive on August 06, 2010, 09:00:27 AM
I just ordered some of the red vintage style grips... stoked!