Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: TripWire on July 09, 2010, 14:12:09 PM

Title: Replacement\Extra Key
Post by: TripWire on July 09, 2010, 14:12:09 PM
When I purchased my used Drifter it only came with one key.  Been trying to get a extra key made but the local hardware stores don't seem to have the right blanks.  Just curious where other owners have gotten spare keys (don't have a dealer in town).
Title: Re: Replacement\Extra Key
Post by: chief on July 09, 2010, 15:49:30 PM
If you have a locksmith, try there. The standard Kawasaki 3M key works... I have several. You can also buy blanks online, any oem discounter and from below:

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks3.html

I did get mine at a small hardware store... might try Lowe's or Home Depot as well.
Cheers.
Title: Re: Replacement\Extra Key
Post by: TripWire on July 09, 2010, 22:04:56 PM
Looks like Ace is the place.  The closest dealer should warn you to bring some Vaseline if you are going to by blanks from them. They won't make the keys, they just sell blanks.  They wanted $12 a piece just for blanks!  Called a few more hardware stores and the local Ace hardware store turned out to have what I needed.  Two keys for under $5, that is more like it.