Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => Drifter 1500 only => Topic started by: jdlawson on March 08, 2012, 21:47:55 PM

Title: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: jdlawson on March 08, 2012, 21:47:55 PM
Anyone got a two up seat bracket for a 1500?  Do you know if the 800 bracket will work for a 1500?
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: alamogeorge on March 08, 2012, 22:04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't. I just saw one for an 800 on ebay and it doesn't look like my 1500. 35011-1968 should be the part number you want. Click on Optional Parts to see a diagram

https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemSearch_Frames.cfm?QuickSearch=1&SearchFor=VN1500%2DR5&SearchBy=Model&cGroupID=&CFID=6381120&CFTOKEN=12979877 (https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemSearch_Frames.cfm?QuickSearch=1&SearchFor=VN1500%2DR5&SearchBy=Model&cGroupID=&CFID=6381120&CFTOKEN=12979877)
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: jdlawson on March 09, 2012, 23:56:25 PM
Thanks.  That will help out quite a bit.  I got the two up seat a few years ago for $50.  Couldn't pass it up.  Just need the brackets to put it on.
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: chief on March 10, 2012, 11:40:20 AM
Not sure which "bracket" you are referring to.. but NOTHING under the 800 seat will work with the 1500...
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: jdlawson on March 10, 2012, 13:45:01 PM
Thanks Chief.  I had a feeling that was the answer.  It's almost like the 800s and 1500s are made by different companies. 
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: jdlawson on April 09, 2012, 20:01:33 PM
Got the seat stay (35011-1968) & seat bracket (32046-1478) pretty reasonable.  These guys seem to have quite a bit of OEM parts if you know exactly what you need.

www.cheapcycleparts.com (http://www.cheapcycleparts.com) 
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: chief on April 10, 2012, 09:44:10 AM
thanks for the info
Title: Re: Two Up Seat Bracket
Post by: tim1 on June 27, 2012, 20:21:39 PM
I used this bracket to mount this seat for my granddaughter to ride with me.  Hope this comes through. Tim