Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: 1999 Drifter on April 15, 2010, 21:27:43 PM

Title: rear tail /signal lights Canada 800 drifter
Post by: 1999 Drifter on April 15, 2010, 21:27:43 PM
I have seen some bikes with red  rear turn signal lights
Can I swap out my rear amber lens for red lens and then tap in rear running light to give me rear  "RED" running lights and "RED" rear turn signals  lights.
I couldn't find anything for Ontario or Canada regarding color of rear turn lens and I've seen red turn signals on the rear of some bikes

Comments welcome

Also why is my KARMA + and - so bad
1999 800 Drifter
Title: Re: rear tail /signal lights Canada 800 drifter
Post by: pcarrell on April 15, 2010, 21:42:06 PM
I've seen the red lenses, and I thought they'd be cool with this mod: http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/drifterdonled.html
Title: Re: rear tail /signal lights Canada 800 drifter
Post by: chief on April 16, 2010, 11:11:22 AM
There are a couple of ways of doing this...

Some folks have gone to tractor supply or equiv, bought some red trailer lenses and used a dremel tool to thin them up so they'd fit. Others have purchased clear lenses and used testor's candy apple red model paint on the inside.

There are some listed in the accessories area and on the autoandmotorcycle.com site that are said to work with any 2 screw nomad or classic... should work with drifter.

http://www.autoandmotorcycle.com/merchant.ihtml?id=138&step=2
Title: Re: rear tail /signal lights Canada 800 drifter
Post by: Indy on April 16, 2010, 11:55:57 AM
Quote from: 1999 Drifter on April 15, 2010, 21:27:43 PM
I have seen some bikes with red  rear turn signal lights
Can I swap out my rear amber lens for red lens and then tap in rear running light to give me rear  "RED" running lights and "RED" rear turn signals  lights.
I couldn't find anything for Ontario or Canada regarding color of rear turn lens and I've seen red turn signals on the rear of some bikes

Comments welcome

Also why is my KARMA + and - so bad
1999 800 Drifter

hi,

you can also do it this way the are avateble in amber, white, and red.

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/caddytaillight.html#pauw

Indy