Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: 49Reo on March 30, 2010, 20:39:08 PM

Title: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: 49Reo on March 30, 2010, 20:39:08 PM
What happens to old Drifter riders.....
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: 49Reo on March 30, 2010, 20:41:28 PM
Well, a failed attemt at an attachment. Too bad; oh well.
Regards and such
49Reo :o
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: Homey237 on March 30, 2010, 22:41:01 PM
We just "drift" away ...................?
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: JHoffman on March 31, 2010, 07:38:42 AM
Clever, lol
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: 49Reo on March 31, 2010, 09:09:49 AM
We go to the "Old Drifter Riders Bar"....
Regards and such,
49Reo  ;D
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: annieoakley on March 31, 2010, 09:27:50 AM
if they could figure out how to put big fenders on them things that would be great! :D
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: 1SG CAV on April 01, 2010, 20:57:34 PM
They just might run better than my ride, right now. I sent her to the shop to be dyno'd will go pick her up around the 12th. Atleast this mechanic knew what a DRIFTER was, and has worked on one. AnneOakley keep your fingers crossed this fixes the problem, and solve both of our problems. 8)
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: Stein on April 05, 2010, 09:06:18 AM
My '01 1500 has 30,000 on it. I have been through 2 sets of rubber, 2 sets of pads for the front brake, 1 for the rear, a rectifier, and three batteries because of the rectifier. I love this bike. I just drove it from Virginia beach to Panama City FL last weekend and was so glad I was on two wheels and not four. I do have a problem getting into first gear , and sometimes it just plain doesn't like to shift at all. The clutchs doesn't slip, and the fluid is clean and fresh. In fact I'm going to post this for some advice else where on this forum. But I do love this machine. I don't plan on buying any thing new for at least a decade.
Title: Re: What happens to old Drifter riders.
Post by: chief on April 05, 2010, 12:06:19 PM
Mine does that too sometimes... especially on downshift to stop. It kicks itself out of gear. Not always. I have the feeling I've bent something internally... I get over enthusiastic with shifting sometimes.