Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: chief on March 25, 2010, 11:50:06 AM

Title: Racks
Post by: chief on March 25, 2010, 11:50:06 AM
If you have a rack on your bike, 800 or 1500... please submit a pic and tell us what rack you have and where you acquired it if possible. I want to get together resources for racks for all drifter models and seat types.

Thanks.

As a reminder there is some info on the pages in the accessories area of the web site.

http://www.saftek.com/drifter/reviewpost/showcat.php/cat/29/page/2
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: aclone on March 26, 2010, 07:53:42 AM
Backrest and rack are for a Suzuki c50t. Move the brackets from bening bolted to the inside of the backrest to the outside.  You have to drill 4 holes ( two in each side)  and use spacers for the back two holes.
Mark
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: chief on March 26, 2010, 11:20:09 AM
Thanks this will get us started!
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: andrewdonald1 on March 26, 2010, 14:16:48 PM
Quote from: chief on March 26, 2010, 11:20:09 AM
Thanks this will get us started!

Thanks so much for starting this thread.  If I do manager to purchase a 1500 drifter in the next few months, I want to go with a solo seat and saddle bags.  I am not sure if you still can get the mounting frame for the solo seat or not.
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: chief on March 26, 2010, 15:36:25 PM
They are hard to find. Some of the bag makers provide their own. I'm trying to track down some to store and resell when folks need them.
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: 49Reo on April 05, 2010, 16:08:38 PM
Are you looking just for luggage racks, or saddlebag mounts/racks as well?
49Reo
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: chief on April 05, 2010, 16:24:07 PM
Here is a source... these ARE bolted to the fender.

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/teddrifterRack.html
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: ramakins on April 07, 2010, 18:04:43 PM
Was browsing for other than, but came across racks for drifters. <link removed> They are showing rack systems for the solo , and two-up saddles. Looks like the same one I installed on my 2-up saddle way back in 02, will try to attached pic. For me,  4 components total, grab rails (2), rack (1), sissybar(1), all interconnected to each other, bolt on install, cakewalk for those mechanically inclined. When I purchased, I really liked the solo rack, and thought it would look very sharp, but the sled biatchh would have a rough ride, so I did what I had to. Good luck.
And remember, " KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN"
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: chief on April 07, 2010, 20:16:18 PM
you have to be careful. A lot of these sites still show the oem stuff... even though its no longer available. Check with them to be sure... though sometimes that doesn't help either.
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: ramakins on April 13, 2010, 18:48:13 PM
Your absolutly right Chief! As I came to find out recently with the 2-up oem seat, that is no longer avail. , as you told me. So is that corbin seat as nice riding on it, as it looks? What differences in the seating can I expect if I decide to purchase it, if any?

ramakins
Title: Re: Racks
Post by: chief on April 13, 2010, 21:37:43 PM
Well Corbin makes firm seats. I like them - have them on two bikes now.

But some folks never get used to the firmness.