Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: lefecious on March 20, 2010, 13:32:42 PM

Title: What do you guys think of the Ranger saddlebags?
Post by: lefecious on March 20, 2010, 13:32:42 PM
I have a tan seat and have been wanting tan bags forever, but I can't afford the 600 bucks to get ospreys.

I found some ranger bags (the ones that look like a slanted parallelagram) for $150 but I'm not sure if they'd look good on my drifter or not.

Have any of you used these, and what is your experience with them?
Title: Re: What do you guys think of the Ranger saddlebags?
Post by: chief on March 20, 2010, 15:32:19 PM
Go over to the web site and look through the pic gallery... I'll bet there are some pics there of Ranger bags on a drifter.

I had ospreys - they are great bags... but after a bit I realized I prefer to see the rear fender. I use other means of carrying stuff now. No bags.
Title: Re: What do you guys think of the Ranger saddlebags?
Post by: tfloyd on March 21, 2010, 06:48:27 AM
I couldn't agree more with Chief...the bike looks so much better when you can see the rear fender.  I have a set of Ranger bags and have been really pleased with them.  They were purchased on eBay from someone who had never even put them on a bike, so they are brand new.  Again, I like them...but the fender is eye candy!

Todd
Title: Re: What do you guys think of the Ranger saddlebags?
Post by: lefecious on March 21, 2010, 12:28:11 PM
What are these "other means" you speak of?

I've tried a backpack but don't really like it.  It makes my back hot and I feel like a 6th grader.  What ideas do you guys have?
Title: Re: What do you guys think of the Ranger saddlebags?
Post by: chief on March 21, 2010, 23:23:05 PM
I have a two up seat. I have us cavalry horse saddlebags, I have a soft cooler, or a roll bag that can also work as a backrest. When my wife used to ride with me on it, I had bike backpack/luggage that fit on my Corbin passenger back rest.

I also have a cargo net that can be used on the seat, or on the bottom part of the winshield to hold stuff. On the windshield - jackets rain gear, etc

inside windshield bags etc