Vulcan Drifter Riders

DISCUSSIONS => General Discussion => Topic started by: ski.dive on March 16, 2010, 11:45:07 AM

Title: 1500 drifter: hizzing sound from gas cap, bubbling gasoline?
Post by: ski.dive on March 16, 2010, 11:45:07 AM
1500 drifter

I heard a hizzing soung coming from the gas cap, when I removed the gas cap it lokked like if the gasoline was boiling, bubbling?

What causes this?
Title: Re: 1500 drifter: hizzing sound from gas cap, bubbling gasoline?
Post by: chief on March 16, 2010, 13:52:10 PM
Its not unusual for a hissing sound from the gas cap vent. But "bubbling" fuel is something else. What temperature is your engine?
Title: Re: 1500 drifter: hizzing sound from gas cap, bubbling gasoline?
Post by: ski.dive on March 16, 2010, 18:07:48 PM
I really do not know my temp.
I just got this bike yesterday.
Title: Re: 1500 drifter: hizzing sound from gas cap, bubbling gasoline?
Post by: chief on March 16, 2010, 18:17:59 PM
I recommend you determine if the engine is overheating.

But, venting problems will cause some bubbling over of fuel... not boiling...

Check the gas cap vent and the tank venting.

This may help:

http://www.VulcanDrifterRiders.com/gascap.html
Title: Re: 1500 drifter: hizzing sound from gas cap, bubbling gasoline?
Post by: ski.dive on March 17, 2010, 08:44:02 AM
where is the tank vent located on the 1500 drifter?

what color is the vent hose?

can i get to the vent hose without removing the tank, maybe i can blow a little air thru it to see if it is clogged.?

the bubbling gasoline, sure sounds like a vent issue.

`thanks for any info.