2016 Drift-In

Started by Old Drifter, July 31, 2016, 17:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Quote from: greenbarn on September 05, 2016, 18:56:38 PM

Yea... if we would have just put $100,000 in Microsoft in 1990, wouldn't have to work now would we??   Oh, wait, I didn't have 100,000 in 1990.....

But you do now..

bambam0099

Quote from: Zoar on September 01, 2016, 13:35:01 PM

Yea too far away plus I am a workaholic who has never had a 2 week vacation in his adult life. I started working at 15. And always had my own companies. I once took 6 days off in a row. That was the longest ever. And I am sure I had to deal with at least 1 if not 2 or 3 near vacation ending work related emergencies during that time. I am beginning to get really annoyed at myself for spending my life this way. But sadly I will not be ending my stupidity by taking 2 weeks off this year and attending Drift In.

If I am alive next year, maybe next year.

Before my father passed, he told me "When I was younger, I lived to work and missed everything in life. Don't do what I did; work to live and enjoy every free moment you have so life doesn't pass you by."   This year was the 1st time I ever took off 2 weeks in my life and it was incredible.  I plan on doing it again next year....
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- Ronald Reagan

Zoar

Quote from: greenbarn on September 05, 2016, 18:56:38 PM

Yea... if we would have just put $100,000 in Microsoft in 1990, wouldn't have to work now would we??   Oh, wait, I didn't have 100,000 in 1990.....

Nah, just a couple thousand worth. You had that didn't you? We all did or could have accessed that measly amount.

Quote ---- "If you had the good fortune to have bought 100 shares at the $21 offering price that day (1990) and sat on the investment for 25 years, it would have mushroomed into 28,800 shares over the course of nine stock splits and be worth about three quarters of a million dollars today." --- NetworkWorld

greenbarn

Quote from: Zoar on September 02, 2016, 12:02:08 PM

If I had to do it all over again I would come back and major in finance and investments and bought stock in Blue Chips when I was 15. This working for a living has gotten old.

No Worries

Zoar

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 01, 2016, 15:24:51 PM

Zoar perhaps you should go down and attend the banquet and submit your plans for Drift In 17 being held next to your food truck....lol.....I can live with that .......

Good thinking. But I have two committed and large events to do with the Pi Truck at that time. And running my robot company. Still paying for my son's college. So not a dime extra. Just peddling as fast as I can to stay even.

If I had to do it all over again I would come back and major in finance and investments and bought stock in Blue Chips when I was 15. This working for a living has gotten old.

DC

Sorry, I can't make it either. Time and money are in short supply for me.

CDNRatMan

Zoar perhaps you should go down and attend the banquet and submit your plans for Drift In 17 being held next to your food truck....lol.....I can live with that .......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Zoar

Quote from: bambam0099 on September 01, 2016, 10:23:09 AM

Yeah, same here.  I just looked and it's 19+hrs away.  I took a 2 week vacation to do Grand Canyon/Sturgis so I doubt I can get away again.
Would love to do one last road trip for the year (Cripe, October....we might have snow by then! :-))

Yea too far away plus I am a workaholic who has never had a 2 week vacation in his adult life. I started working at 15. And always had my own companies. I once took 6 days off in a row. That was the longest ever. And I am sure I had to deal with at least 1 if not 2 or 3 near vacation ending work related emergencies during that time. I am beginning to get really annoyed at myself for spending my life this way. But sadly I will not be ending my stupidity by taking 2 weeks off this year and attending Drift In.

If I am alive next year, maybe next year.

DC

Ratman, it's Sept. 1 already.  Did you get your first snow yet?   :o

CDNRatMan

8) you get snow down south there ?

bambam0099

Quote from: greenbarn on August 01, 2016, 21:35:25 PM

Would like to, but having taken 2 bike vacations so far, cannot justify more time off for another....

Yeah, same here.  I just looked and it's 19+hrs away.  I took a 2 week vacation to do Grand Canyon/Sturgis so I doubt I can get away again.
Would love to do one last road trip for the year (Cripe, October....we might have snow by then! :-))
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- Ronald Reagan

CDNRatMan

http://www.drift-in.org/

scroll down and you will see the T shirt.

mittico68

Chief, where can I take a look at that t-shirt?
I won't be able to be at the reunion, because of my location (I'm in Italy), but I'd like to buy the shirt...
Thanx

I love my swingin' bike!

chief

Drift in '16 is coming up soon. Those of you who are planning on coming please complete the registration form if you haven't already at the Drift In web site
http://www.drift-in.org/DIreg.php .

Rally T-shirt orders can be placed on this same page at the bottom. Cut off date for Tee-shirt orders is Sept 11 so please have your order submitted by then.

The charity for this years event is going to the !st Bikers Church Fellowship Hall being named after our fallen brother Danny Rae Taylor, "Hillbilly" as most all of us knew him. Contributions are deductible from your tax return if you file with deductions as the church falls under the 501(c)(3) as it is a nonprofit organization. You can mail you contribution directly to the church or iat the rally. Those wishing to receive a receipt at the rally will be given one there. Please make out any check or money order to 1st Bikers Church Texarkana ,not First Biker Church. The mailing address is to 1116 WALNUT ST, TEXARKANA, TX  75501 https://www.facebook.com/pages/1st-Bikers-Church-of-Texarkana/167726716575388

Will be looking forward to seeing many there in a few weeks

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

Has anyone heard what the charity is this year?

CDNRatMan

Mid Oct and we are already waiting for the white stuff, end of the month we normally have some and it stays for the winter....

Old Drifter

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 01, 2016, 21:46:15 PM

I would go but it is to late in the year for me......

I understand, you've done a lot of touring this Summer. Plus you'll probably be tuning up the snow blower at that time. Lol
Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

I would go but it is to late in the year for me......

greenbarn

Would like to, but having taken 2 bike vacations so far, cannot justify more time off for another....

No Worries

Troll

I'm hoping to go, if I can get the time off from work. It's only about 700 miles, so it's a one day ride.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Old Drifter

Is anyone planning on going to Drift-In 2016? I'm seriously considering going (riding).   8)

Gene

1999 Drifter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk