Previous topic - Next topic

Feed Poster

Following the Sun

One day, you'll look
To see I've gone
But tomorrow may rain,
So I'll follow the sun.
The Beatles, I'll Follow the Sun

Route planning. It's been on my mind a lot this week. I'm leaving in a week for Montana. I've been working on a map to cover states that I've never ridden in.  I've also been following this year's Iron Butt Rally. They've been riding through a lot of rain and heat. I don't want to do that. I'm not an Iron Butt contender, I'm ok with that.  I'm beginning to think I'm ok with not filling in my map.

I am trying to be mindful of why I am traveling. #1, I'm heading to the BMW Rally in Billings, MT. #2 I'm on vacation. I'm on a motorcycle vacation.  I ought to be traveling places I like to be.  I don't know if I like to be in the deep south, the states I've not ridden. But I do know, looking at the weather pages, that I see high humidity, high temps, and watching the Iron Butt reports, lots of storms.  And it doesn't sound like a good time.

I have a room booked for my first two nights on the road, the second in Shenandoah Vallly, VA.   I have a room in Billings.  And today, I'm leaning toward not planning much more in the middle.  I think...I'm going to follow the sun. Find roads, and stop worrying about filling in a riding map, that...I don't care all that much about.   The joys of planning a solo trip.

Source: Following the Sun

She Rides a Beemer - http://sheridesabeemer.blogspot.com

NEWS FEED ROBOT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk