Greetings from Cleveland Ohio Area!!!

Started by Tedsdrifter1500, May 12, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Nice Drifter, Ted.  I like the color.   

No Worries

Tedsdrifter1500

Another picture and mods/accessories done so far.

1999 Kawasaki Drifter 1500 Mods/Acc.

Windshield + Mounts
Passing Lamps + Mount
Leather fringe on handgrips and levers.
Custom Mustang Seat Cover
Custom Paint w/Indian Logo's
Fiberglass Front Fender
Custom Passenger Backrest + Pad
Custom Rear Luggage Rack Studded
Vance & Hines Exhaust painted black
Crash Bar (large)
Highway Pegs on Crash Bar
Leather Tank Bib w/Indian Badge + Studs
Voltage Regulator Relocation to Front under Radiator
Lighted Indian Head Front Fender
Tail Pak for Luggage Rack
Painted Air Filter Covers
Windshield Emblems

Tedsdrifter1500

mittico68

Welcome aboard, Ted.
And nice setup! I really like the combo turquoise and blacked out stuff!  8)

I love my swingin' bike!

Pilgrim

Tedsdrifter1500

Tedsdrifter1500

Thanks !!! I set up my Gallery and all, I believe they just have to go through the approval process and such.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!!!!

Pilgrim

Welcome, sounds like a nice Drifter...post a pic of her when you get a chance.

CDNRatMan

Glad to see that Josh got you over here. A mere 2 hours south of you is GreenBarn one of our venerated and respected members who resides in Ohio......
Welcome......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Tedsdrifter1500

Hello everyone!!  Ted Turner from Parma Ohio.  No, not THE Ted Turner, the rich guy.  I am rich in love and motorcycle though as I have the best bike there is, a Kawasaki Drifter.  Mine's a 1500 but I like the 800's as well so include those.

I've had a Drifter before but about 8-10 years ago I had to sell it as we moved from Ohio to Florida and needed every penny we had to make it work.  The Drifter had to go.  Lo and behold I was searching for a bike for my brother last week and ran across a 1999 Turquoise 1500 Drifter in Indiana.  Price was right but the ad was old, 22 days.  I already had a bike, a 2006 Yamaha Road Star but figured what the heck, I'll call for giggles.  Sure enough, the guy still had it.  After receiving an updated video/pictures and lengthy chats I decided to take the plunge and go get it.  Picked it up just this past Wednesday and drove it back from Indiana thru Cincinnati and then Columbus up to my neck of the woods.  The previous owner had it for three years and put a whopping 500 miles on it, so the only miles on it are from the first owner, 23k and change.

Got it back home, cleaned it up, and will be making some minor improvements to put it back closer to stock form.  The color will stay as will the seat, backrest (it's a custom modified Honda backrest!), and assorted other parts.  It's getting new stock turn signals and a tailpak for the luggage rack.  Changing around some wiring also as some things were done ....not to my satisfaction.  :)

Thought I'd provide some back story for all of ya.  I'm a retired police officer now and live life to its fullest enjoying my wife and pets and our quiet lifestyle.  I'm planning on going to the Triple Nickle Drift meet in Marietta Ohio come August 12-15.  Hope to meet some of you there!!

Here's a link should you be interested in going:  https://www.facebook.com/events/932045710268005/

Thanks for accepting my registration and looking forward to being part of the Group.  I'll tty to figure out how to post some pictures so you can put a picture with the story I gave ya.  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk