Different exhaust?

Started by Tector, October 01, 2020, 08:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief

We had some email/pm problems after we updated. Should be fixed now.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

OR Seedman

sorry ...thought you pm'd me   no problem.  "Dutch Bypass"  LOL  I like that....

OR Seedman

Bucko

Quote from: OR Seedman on March 15, 2021, 21:45:11 PM

.looks like a pipe pretzel that hangs in the same place as the goat bladder...but I'm not sure if he can make one for the Drifter with the right side exhaust only...

Used to be known as a 'Dutch Bypass'

Bucko

Quote from: OR Seedman on March 17, 2021, 20:16:05 PM

Bucko:

didn't get your message....tried to pm you yesterday...not sure it private messages are going through...email me at hledeboer@outlook.com

thx

ORSeedman

Sorry, I may be confused.  I had PM'd 'LadyDrifter' ?

OR Seedman

Bucko:

didn't get your message....tried to pm you yesterday...not sure it private messages are going through...email me at hledeboer@outlook.com

thx

ORSeedman

OR Seedman

Bucko

Quote from: LadyDrifter on March 08, 2021, 15:30:38 PM

Where are you located? I have an exhaust for sale without the goat bladder... In beautiful shape.

PM Sent....

OR Seedman

regarding the goat bladder....I saw on ebay a guy in Romania that makes and sells a reasonator eliminator....I know he makes it for the Nomad exhaust like I have mounted on my 1500....looks like a pipe pretzel that hangs in the same place as the goat bladder...but I'm not sure if he can make one for the Drifter with the right side exhaust only...

Just an fyi to anyone looking for a set of V&H longshots....I have a decent set (slight discoloration on the pipes just past the passenger footrest) with three sets of tips...Slash Cut, Billet end, and small fishtail.  Since I am using and going to stick with the Nomad duals, these are available.  They have the baffles in them but are still way louder than stock.  anyone interested shoot me a PM or email.

OR Seedman

chief

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

mittico68

Quote from: chief on March 13, 2021, 19:58:34 PM

Can't believe I didn't already respond to this.

Don't worry Chief, it's just a question of age...  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

chief

Can't believe I didn't already respond to this. You can use ANY exhaust built for Vulcan 1500 classics by simply exchanging the rear foot peg bracket for a classic bracket. Check the mods area there are some info on various alternatives.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

LadyDrifter

Where are you located? I have an exhaust for sale without the goat bladder... In beautiful shape.

Tector

Duh-- sorry.  I should have specified that my Drifter (like my first one) is a 1500.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

mittico68

Actually, spare parts for our Drifters are very hard to find, even more the OEM ones.
The only known way to find them, is to go hunting day by day on the net (with fingers crossed, too)...
BTW, what engine has got yours? 1500 or 800?

I love my swingin' bike!

Bucko

Quote from: Tector on October 01, 2020, 08:50:12 AM

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A FACTORY WINDSHIELD OR SOLO SEAT OR TWO-UP SEAT?

eBay is your best bet.  There was no 'Factory' windshield although there were a couple of Fire and Steel optional ones - pretty rare to find one of those these days but I think there are some common winshield MFR's out there that makes ones that are close.

Tector

Just bought my second Drifter (I had traded in my first one, and eventually realized that that was a mistake).  1999 model, just under 9000 miles, great shape.  The windshield and seat are aftermarket, so:

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A FACTORY WINDSHIELD OR SOLO SEAT OR TWO-UP SEAT?

Also:

I don't mind the original exhaust-- I'm not a "loud pipes save lives" type of guy.  On the other hand, I HATE that resonator (some people derogatorily refer to it as a "goat bladder", and I can understand the dislike)-- when I want to change the oil, it's RIGHT THERE IN THE WAY, making it very difficult to get the old oil filter off and the new one on.  So:

WHO STILL MAKES REPLACEMENT EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE DRIFTER?

The only manufacturer I can find that is still making exhaust systems for a Drifter is Vance and Hines.  And I just might get one of their systems, to get rid of that damned goat bladder, even though their product is kind of pricey.  But I'm asking the Forum members so that I can reassure myself that I've left no stone unturned in my search for a new exhaust system, and maybe find a less-expensive brand (without a goat bladder).

Thanks.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk