New to me 1999 1500 Drifter in SE WI

Started by WIVORiley, July 06, 2017, 16:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Drifter

Quote from: Miko12 on November 24, 2020, 18:22:34 PM

Would you still have the tank badges for '99 1500 Drifter?
Thanks, Mike Brown
miko12@centurylink.net

Miko, this is an old post over 3 years old and it was the only post by the OP. The tank badges turn up on ebay from time to time. Good luck!
Gene

1999 Drifter

Miko12

Would you still have the tank badges for '99 1500 Drifter?
Thanks, Mike Brown
miko12@centurylink.net

Champ89

Quote from: WIVORiley on July 06, 2017, 16:56:39 PM

Hi All.
Picked up a Drifter over the winter from a highly motivated seller. God I love that. I kinda pick up "rescue bikes" lol. Not much wrong with it at all. Adds/Mods since purchase:

New steering head bearings
18" chrome apes
Extra tall C Bailey shield (I'm 6'7")
Highway pegs
Desert Dawgs.
Some Killer well used fringed Pac-Kit Big Bertha Leather bags (Mounting them was a challenge)
Stripped the rear signals and mounted some nice tucked away ones nestled in the rear grab rail.
V&H Longshots w no baffles
Stripped all logos and badges- covered up the old tank panel with leather from a worn out set of riding gloves.

I'm not one to wash bikes, so now it will gather "patina" as the miles roll on.
I always like these bikes since the day they rolled out, and now there are so few that seeing another is a rarity.  Its funny how many looks these bikes get from 'bar & shield' newbs who don't really know bikes much other than their own.
I know traffic on the site isnt brisk, but I figured I'd say howdy anyway.

My girlfriend and I both ride. She has 3 harleys (95 Ultra, a 1200 sporty hardtail chopper in a Paughco frame, and a 78 1/2 shovelhead.  I've got the Drifter in Mulberry with black details, a 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, and a 1989 FJ1200.  We rarely are in cars on the weekends in the summer months and ride the wheels off any chance we get.  If you see us out and about, hi in advance.

Riley
[/quote

Okay where's the pictures? I got to see what the 18in apes look like.

I guess it never happened.

Rougarou

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 24, 2017, 15:31:37 PM

oh Rougarou catches on really quick..........

I been around a few forums in my day.  ;D  I just really want to see a Drifter with apes.
Q: What do you do when all your friends own Harleys?
A: You ride something classier than a Harley.

jmbo

Welcome to the world of Drifters from a fellow cheddar head in Harley country.  Always out riding in the area.  I'm the old guy on the black over red Drifter chasing the wind on the back roads of Kettle Moraine.

Jimb

CDNRatMan

oh Rougarou catches on really quick..........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Rougarou

Welcome and I can't wait to see your drifter with apes!

Q: What do you do when all your friends own Harleys?
A: You ride something classier than a Harley.

greenbarn

Welcome, Riley, to the nut-house....  Yes the traffic here isn't what one would call "brisk", but the information and camaraderie are rich.    BTW, someone mentioned pics??   You do own a picture-taking-device don't you?  We like pics....  ;)

No Worries

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
BTW, we do like PICS!!! ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Welcome and enjoy the ride, pictures are a must or it never happened....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

Welcome to the group. There are several Drifter owners in Wisco...You have one near you, in Burlington. I'm in La Crosse, and there are 3 others here by Wisco's WEST COAST....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

WIVORiley

Hi All.
Picked up a Drifter over the winter from a highly motivated seller. God I love that. I kinda pick up "rescue bikes" lol. Not much wrong with it at all. Adds/Mods since purchase:

New steering head bearings
18" chrome apes
Extra tall C Bailey shield (I'm 6'7")
Highway pegs
Desert Dawgs.
Some Killer well used fringed Pac-Kit Big Bertha Leather bags (Mounting them was a challenge)
Stripped the rear signals and mounted some nice tucked away ones nestled in the rear grab rail.
V&H Longshots w no baffles
Stripped all logos and badges- covered up the old tank panel with leather from a worn out set of riding gloves.

I'm not one to wash bikes, so now it will gather "patina" as the miles roll on.
I always like these bikes since the day they rolled out, and now there are so few that seeing another is a rarity.  Its funny how many looks these bikes get from 'bar & shield' newbs who don't really know bikes much other than their own.
I know traffic on the site isnt brisk, but I figured I'd say howdy anyway.

My girlfriend and I both ride. She has 3 harleys (95 Ultra, a 1200 sporty hardtail chopper in a Paughco frame, and a 78 1/2 shovelhead.  I've got the Drifter in Mulberry with black details, a 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, and a 1989 FJ1200.  We rarely are in cars on the weekends in the summer months and ride the wheels off any chance we get.  If you see us out and about, hi in advance.

Riley

1999 1500 Drifter, 2000 CBR1100XX Blackbird, 1989 FJ1200, 1973 SuperGlide, 1997 ElectraGlide

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk