Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure...

Started by Jobi, August 03, 2020, 14:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobi

It really is amazing the things we can get attached to and feel sentimental about. I know it's only a combination of metal, rubber, plastic, and petrol. Yet it stands for so much more. It was a purchase to commemorate an important career moment. I remember browsing adds and the drifter/indian-like motorcycles seemed to ugly...until one day I took a look at the 'for sale' section and for whatever reason, I sort of fell in love. Drove over 400km to pick her up. It took me on my first MC gathering. I honed parking lot and motorcycle rodeo skills on it. I had a few hair-raising moments too. All my children grew to love it and literally used it as a playground/monkey-bars when we went on family trips (and of course rides). We didn't say 'the motorcycle'. It was the 'Drifter'. It (we) received 'oohs and aahs' passing by pedestrians. It was my entry into the world of (semi-advanced) mechanics. It symbolized freedom and passion, and even became part of my identity as club members would know that this one was mine. I love everyone moment on that bike (my back less so :D )

I heard that such feelings of sentiment may be fear of not being able to relive these kind of moments. I know there are other bikes out there and one shouldn't take it to heart. And yet, I feel like a part of me is missing. But there are more adventures to come.

Cheers!

mittico68

Too bad...
I can't imagine the feelings for such a sad decision. And I hope I'll never have to take it.
Ride safe, anyway!

I love my swingin' bike!

JagLite

It is sad to see a loved motorcycle go to someone else.
Sad we can't keep all of the bikes we have ridden.
Even the bikes we don't like...

Ride on brother!
(I also have three dual sports to enjoy dirt roads and trails)

Attitude:
The difference between
Ordeal and ADVENTURE

Jobi

With a heavy heart I had to let the girl go and watched as my dear 1999' Drifter 1500 was driven away into the night by another owner.

(quite literally)

I may have possibly even cried a bit. Been through a lot with that machine over the last 7 years. Although not much of a poster, always a lurker here :D

Thank you all for the heaps of info and great reads. Stay safe out there. As for me, I heed the call of fire roads and doubletracks...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk