Coulee Cruzin' (WI)

Started by Troll, July 29, 2015, 19:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Quote from: Troll on July 03, 2016, 17:14:57 PM

Finished riding the last route today. NO construction...amazing... Got the Friday Dinner restaurant set up.  http://www.northcountrysteakbuffet.com/
All I have to do is call them before we leave Arcadia, and they will set us up...and it's a Friday so there's an all you can eat fish fry included...

All you can eat.....   They haven't seen Ratman eat, have they?   Between the two of us, I think we can put the hurt on a platter of fish...

No Worries

Troll

Finished riding the last route today. NO construction...amazing... Got the Friday Dinner restaurant set up.  http://www.northcountrysteakbuffet.com/
All I have to do is call them before we leave Arcadia, and they will set us up...and it's a Friday so there's an all you can eat fish fry included...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

8) ok so Troll and You and the lovely Mrs GreenBarn and myself........oh and this gentleman John Pappalardo. Wonder whom else is going to show up.....
I know the Erwins have said they were going to be there same as  Terry and Tony Clewis also said they would be there. Not sure about Steve and Tif, will not be attending as they have a major house reno to complete.......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

I was just going from the FB event page that says it starts 7/18 and the post from last August on the FB page, where it said dates were finalized for the hotel, from Mon the 18th to Thurs the 21st.

No worries, though, we're planning to be there...   just trying to maximize the days and not miss anyone.

The time is not far away, and we're looking forward to it.   Can't wait for some fresh cheese curds....

No Worries

Troll

Must be a mis-communication...Wed, Thurs and Friday were always the planned days. Sorry if I wasn't able to convey that accurately. I took the whole week off just in case people decided to come early...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

greenbarn

Thanks for the update, Troll.

OK, need to re-think my plans.  We were planning to be there Mon-Thurs, and leaving Friday b/c our dog-sitter has other plans Friday and through the weekend.   I'll need to try to find someone to watch her (the dog) a day or so --  wouldn't really be worth going all the way out there just for Wed-Thurs.

Wow, how did I miss this thing changing From Mon-Thurs to Wed-Friday?    I must have missed something somewhere.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

I am arriving on Monday sometime after noon. I have some plans for myself to keep busy till Weds and the events get underway, I can even help met people if you want me to. I have booked till Sat so will depart early Sat. morning heading for Winnipeg.

Troll

OK, so here's the plan. I'm going to be available for anyone who shows up, starting on Monday. I already have one guy, John Pappalardo, who is planning on being in town as early as Saturday.  Ratman says he's planning on arriving on Tuesday, so that's fine...So on to the actual events calendar: Wed. morning, I want to get going by 10:am...will be a back road and valley tour with LOTS of small towns and twisty roads...should last about 4 hours or so. Thursday is the feature, again leaving at 10 am...Ridge and river run. This one will take us through 3 states, and end up at Rudy's for Bike Night. Should be back at the Motel around 10 pm....Friday is a run to the HighGround in Neilsville, and then to the Arcadia Memorial park...another most of the day event. I have several choices to present to you guys about a "family type" dinner on Friday....and then It's over...Those of you who stay for Friday, will be leaving on Saturday... I will most likely have to go to work at 0400....and hopefully, be able to stay awake for 14 hours...

CDNRatMan

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never thought of that..........I would have to move in with PC or Troll........

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on June 26, 2016, 14:50:36 PM

8) I am getting nervous and wondering what is going to happen if the Trump wall is built before I cross the border or is it only going up dwon south first then doing the 49th afterwards?

Worse yet.... what if they build it while you are down here and they won't let you back???    :o
No Worries

CDNRatMan

8) I am getting nervous and wondering what is going to happen if the Trump wall is built before I cross the border or is it only going up dwon south first then doing the 49th afterwards?

greenbarn

Troll, can you help us out by listing a daily agenda?? I'm a little confused...  Originally I thought this was scheduled Mon-Thurs (FB page still says Monday, July 18).    But from what I'm reading, It seems rides are planned Wed-Fri???    Us working stiffs need some info to make plans.... ;D

No Worries

CDNRatMan

I called today and have booked my room, really easy people to deal with so far. I am booked in for Monday departing Sat morning heading west to Winnipeg..............can not wait to met with some of the folks from last year............

greenbarn

Planning on making our reservations for Monday through Thursday nights.  As long as nothing has changed.  Still looking good?  What kind of crowd are you anticipating???

No Worries

Troll

Plans for the Regional are proceeding. Here's a link to an perfect example of a "Rudy's Bike Night"....this was Thursday of this week. You never know who or what will show up for the event   https://goo.gl/photos/SiiCoZYrFrsp9bdy8   The Honda/Yamaha dealer sponsored this one, ours will be sponsored by the Kaw dealer

CDNRatMan

ah yes your "football" which includes a fair catch rule......ok will do.

Troll

Learn to speak "Packers" that will be more universal...even in the Summer!

CDNRatMan

8) :oOh count me in I have been planning this for a year now. I am halfway packed and ready to go. 75 miles between fuel points sounds really good, I am hoarding my aMerican money so I can not be held up at the gas stations like last year. I am also eating cheese so I can learn the different types. I am getting versed on the Badgers stats so I can blend in.

Troll

Just need for you to show up, if you can....Got out and ran 100 miles, or about 1/2 the Thursday ride route. Roads are pretty good, and the mileage will be manageable. I'm planning lunch and fuel stops, using a reasonable 75 miles between fuel stops for the gas guzzlers. I got 48 mpg this time around....

CDNRatMan

ok just did not want to be forgotten with most people being on facebook now. Thanks.......

need anything let me know.

Troll

As soon as the thunder storms stop today, I'm going out to pre run the big route. I've been over all these roads hundreds of times, so there will only be a need to check the condition. Spoke to the owner of Rod's Power Sports, yesterday, and he's all on board with making a special day of it...so now to the fine tuning. Looking for scenic photo spots and planning where to stop for lunch and or course, the inevitable fuel/other necessary stops...There's been a lot of construction this year, and some of the roads I had planned on are closed for that, so I modified the route a little. Here's a shot of one of the valley vistas off a ridgetop

CDNRatMan

;) any updates as of yet?

Troll

So here's a basic map for the "center piece" tour. Starts in Sparta, ends in La Crosse, at Rudy's..300 miles. Pretty good sampling of the area. Can be abridged at several different point, if necessary Second map is the Memorial Park ride....

Troll

For anybody who is still there after Thursday night, I will have a selection of shorter rides, some involving the twistiest roads in the area. Either Wed. or Friday, depending on the people there, I want to take a group to the High Ground in Neilsville, and then to the Vets Memorial park in Arcadia. That will be a full day, and over 100 miles...One of the places I want to get people to see is the Mindoro Cut, which you can Google. The road (hiway 108) is pretty intense for a few miles, as it winds through the hills and valleys....As soon as people start to show up and are ready to go, I have a few scenic tours mapped that can start as early as Monday afternoon...

greenbarn

So is Thursday night the last "official" night??   Any rides or other things planned for Friday??   Just need to get figured out which nights to reserve the hotel for....

Looking forward to some cheese curds....

No Worries

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk