Any Drifter owners still around in Melbourne or surrounding areas?

Started by Washbrook, January 24, 2013, 23:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Washbrook

Well I finally came across another Drifter owner yesterday. I had been out on an all day ride and was 2 minutes from home when I saw what looked like a similar bike to mine. After turning around and coming back I discovered another 1999 Drifter. The owner, Tony, came out to investigate who was taking photos of his bike. He seemed equally surprised when I pointed out my bike, almost an identical twin to his. I think he said his membership on this forum is Antocas.

You can check out the images here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4879250854065.1073741825.1081335686&type=1

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Washbrook

I inherited mine from my father who died last year. It is the original Goose. I have not met any in Melbourne yet although I only rode it down from Newcastle in early Jan. ordered a solo corbin seat for it as the original is terrible. Working on some more upgrades too. If you hear of any more down in Melb please let me know.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

drifter-paul

About (9) 1999 Drifters in Sydney or NSW (can't remember which) - have met 4 other owners. Not a common bike, no harm in that . Sydney City Motorcycles (Lane Cove branch) were selling them with choice of own colour. They were just a bit too individual for us conservative Aussies, I think. Everyone stops and asks about it - but not a big seller. I got mine, new,  in original Gooseberry.

Have now converted it to solo seat and two tone with pinstripe, after 14 years.
This bike is a keeper,  thought that about my BMW R1100RS, but only kept it for 7 years and 140K.  My daughter will inherit mine, when she peels my corpse off it  ;D

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

chief

LOL... yep I've been called "unique" too... along with a few other similar adjectives!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Washbrook

Thanks, numbers are a bit spartan down here. Ok well, i am unique

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Washbrook

Any Drifter owners still around in Melbourne or surrounding areas? I inherited my fathers 1999 drifter 1500 and it is now residing in Melbourne. I am interested to know how many others are here?

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk