New to the Vulcan Community. Need some advise.

Started by Nicholas, May 29, 2020, 08:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack freeman

I did find who I belive made  the saddle bag brackets . He is fellow member OR Seedman . Keep me posted .
Jack

jack freeman

A while back I remember a fellow drifter was makeing a bolt on saddle bracket that works on the 800 . Put this out there maybe a fellow
rider can help . Hope this helps .

Thanks  Jack

mittico68

I can't help ya, too.
I've got a 1999 Drifter 800 wich was made with the 2-up seat.
And I have modified it, adding a spring solo seat. But I actually use the OEM saddlebag brackets, simply by adapting them to the new configuration.
As for the rest, I think you might want to check the whole bike assembly: a 5 years sitting down is a bad stuff, for any component, electrical or structural...

I love my swingin' bike!

Bucko

Don't know about the 800 setup, but on the 1500, the OEM Fire and Steel bag brackets work for either solo or dual seat.

Nicholas

I am new to the family of Vulcans. I recently just bought a 2006 Vulcan 800 Drifter about a week ago. It was a little bit of a fixer upper. It has been sitting for 5 years and and i think the previous owner put it down because it is missing the front fender and there is a dent in the tank. I got brakes and rotors, tires, and a chain for it. Still need to get a front fender and a windshield. One thing i have been struggling with is finding a way to mount saddle bags. All the brackets i find are for 2up seats and i only have a solo seat. All the universal mounts don't accommodate the rear suspension of the bike. Any help would be appreciated! Also is there anything i need to look at that could need done for the bike since it has been sitting for so long?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk