Mutazu hard bags

Started by OR Seedman, April 13, 2017, 14:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OR Seedman

will post a left side pic tomorrow.....too dark to take one now.  and I like all the bling...drivers can see me coming from miles away

OR Seedman

CDNRatMan

Can we get a picture from the other side of the bike, want to see the bag and fender minus the pipes......

I am really liking that look, other then all that chrome, need to wear sunglasses.........you will really like the Metz 888's, I had them last summer and did my ride to Billings and home, after Sparta. I like them in the wet weather they really hold the road well.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

OR Seedman

here it is now with the rear rack (at the lowest height setting)

OR Seedman

OR Seedman

OR Seedman

CDNRatMan

What tires pray tell are you installing?

OR Seedman

Thanks to all the compliments.  The bags even came with mounting hardware (rubber grommets, grommet sleeves, bolts, nuts and washers).  I put the rear rack back on late last night as well....it really finishes the look.  Mutazu has a lot of different accessories like luggage and other stuff.  Not really top of the line, but more middle of the road, from the looks of it.  Like I said earlier, the paint job on the bags is okay, but it's better than I could have done.. :o.  But to be able to find painted bags that match so well, I'll take 'em.  Last thing to put on are the new white walls sitting in the storeroom at my office....just haven't had the time to pull the wheels and take them over to the local shop and have them mounted...I still have the original tires at 6,350 miles.  They aren't worn out, but they have some fine cracking due to age...

OR Seedman

mittico68

Well done!
That's a cool result. Those bahs match really nice the bike. And the indian headdress is a cool add.

I love my swingin' bike!

Trall

Looks fantastic.  That's a lot bang for your bucks. Nice job

dkeshish

Quote from: OR_Seedman on April 13, 2017, 20:22:07 PM

Sorry...worked late today...here ya go.  By the way, I had my springer seat sold...then the guy flaked on me and didn't take it.  My wife told me to keep it because it looks cool and it works around town...so it's back on.  Also, I mounted the war-bonnet light back a little so the face angle on the tank matches it.  I hope it doesn't look too goofy...now I just gotta order the studded lid bibs..

man I love your pipes

CDNRatMan

8) sorry I keep forgetting that a lot of you lads need to get permission to go for a ride......I am master and ruler of my abode so I do not need to ask for permission, I control the TV remote, I get to decide what we are eating for supper and when and how much I want......

OR Seedman

Not really a fan of bags on drifters either, but practicality wins out....plus I have an excuse to run up to the store for my wife from time to time.  I have been looking for the signal visors...but don't like the ones with ridges in them...can't locate smooth ones so far.  I still need to put the chrome rack/mount back on...sorta finishes things off...and, yeah, I need to get the lid bibs ordered....I just wonder if I will ever be finished adding stuff to it....:-P  Maybe some arrowhead decals on the bags??

OR Seedman

CDNRatMan

Ok first off your wife other than picking you she has to be a smart cookie, she has good taste.  :o. I now can go and try and sleep some and get some rest that you have finished what you started. Now I am personally not a huge fan of hard or soft bags on the Drifter, JMPO. But each to their own, I have however seen some really nice setups. This is one of them, it looks good, now a set of 1000 watt speakers in the lids...lol......
Now your wife is right that setup looks really good. I do like the solo seat for around town and such, so once I get mine figured out I'll get it mounted. Oh right I finally found the seat I was after. The lid bibs will give it that finished look.
You also need to visor the signal lights, all four of them.......Ok so the story I heard about the Indian head fender light.....the Heads eyes are supposed to be looking at the road ahead of you to clear the path, so yours is looking off into the distance to ensure that the way far ahead is clear...that is fine......
Yes one nice ride ...but lord some shiny.....lol.......

OR Seedman

Sorry...worked late today...here ya go.  By the way, I had my springer seat sold...then the guy flaked on me and didn't take it.  My wife told me to keep it because it looks cool and it works around town...so it's back on.  Also, I mounted the war-bonnet light back a little so the face angle on the tank matches it.  I hope it doesn't look too goofy...now I just gotta order the studded lid bibs..

OR Seedman

CDNRatMan

::) are you done yet......2200 hrs here and I need to get some down time......

OR Seedman

Will mount them up tonight....

OR Seedman

CDNRatMan

Cool and now to see how you match them to the bike.....

kw-retrorider

Nicely done....color match looks good to me. Nice shape on the bags too.

OR Seedman

So... I decided I wanted to try some hard bags for my 2001 800.  I had looked at Mutazu bags online and saw that they offered a "burgundy" color.  I contacted them to see if they could provide me with a sample of something with the color so I could see how it matched up with my bike color.  No dice....got the typical answer...can't guarantee color match..blah blah blah...Anyway, I decided for $168, I could afford to bid on the LW model bags in burgundy....they have a "buy it now" price of $198 on ebay and on their webpage with free shipping, but also put them up at $168 starting price under open bidding (including free shipping).  I put in the minimum bid and no one else bid...so I got them and they arrived in 4 days.

Well, they just came in today and....they match PERFECTLY....  The paint job isn't perfect by any stretch.  There are a couple of minor flaws and a run on one side of one bag (will go on the bracket side to hide it), but overall I am very pleased with the color match.  I plan on putting studded bibs on the lids to match my rear fender....

For the money spent, I am pretty happy.  I pulled the side panel off to bring with me so I could check the color when they came in.....here are the results..

OR Seedman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk