DISCUSSIONS > General Discussion

BLACKED OUT WHEELS?

(1/1)

Tector:
I like the look of my '99 Drifter, the blacked out version.  I'm thinking of having the wheels powder-coated black, to get even more of a pre-war Indian look.  Has anyone ever done this, and does anyone know where I can find an image of such a bike?  I'd like to have an idea of what it would look like, although I already have a pretty good idea.

tj:
Had the same idea years ago, but I gave up on it. If the chrome wasn't in good condition I may have gone through with it...but I couldn't justify the expense.

I ended up adding some spoke covers...came out ok but having the wheels blacked out completely would look great.

A couple pics of the front wheel attached.

gwilki:
That's the look that I am trying for tj. Do you mind posting where you got the spoke covers?

tj:

--- Quote from: gwilki on July 20, 2021, 06:02:10 AM ---That's the look that I am trying for tj. Do you mind posting where you got the spoke covers?

--- End quote ---
These are the Tusk brand from RMATV.
Bought them several years ago and they still look good...no fading etc.
I think you can get them everywhere now, amazon etc...in assorted colours as well.

chief:
These are really inexpensive so you can try them and not lose much if they don't suit you.

Example: 

spoke covers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version