Ledrie style fender rail

Started by OR Seedman, August 30, 2017, 15:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OR Seedman

I also posted this on the drifter parts facebook site.....cost on these is going to be prohibitive....for 20 units...$250 each in raw form, $275 powder coated and $350 for chrome...that is based upon making 20 units to start....price goes up substantially for 10 units instead of 20.....I cannot justify paying out $5k of my own money to get this started....So, I am going to pick up the one I left at the fabricator's tomorrow and decide if I am going to keep it and get it chromed ($200 for just the one) or put it back up for sale....very disappointing to say the least... :(

OR Seedman

geewago

I'd like a chrome one.  Sure adds to the price though.  But I'm getting used to it.

mittico68

That's the one I thought, but I wasn't sure.
That's not my cup of tea: I prefer to leave the front fender free from tinsels, and I'm already gonna put on the Indian headdress light...  ::)
Thanx anyway. :)

I love my swingin' bike!

OR Seedman

here is a stock photo.  I have posted the same question on the Kawasaki Drifter Parts for Sale facebook page as well...seems to be a great deal of interest...if I can keep the price down...

OR Seedman

mittico68

I can't remember what that fender rail is like...
Could you please post some pics?
Thanx

I love my swingin' bike!

OR Seedman

So...some of you are aware that I am attempting to produce and market the Ledrie style front fender rail.  I purchased one on ebay from a forum member and have been TRYING to locate a fabricator in my area that can replicate it....this has been a very difficult thing to do...I could not find anyone in my area or even up in Portland/Vancouver that had the necessary dies to bend 5/8" 16ga steel tubing....but I finally found one today.  Albina Tube Bending....they are working up a cost and a prototype (initial set up will be $$$).  I am hoping to make at least 10 units to start...now my question is this...would anyone be interested in any other color besides gloss black powder coat?  how about Chrome?  or SuperChrome powder coat?  I can tell you this....Chrome will add about $125 to the price....which is why I am going to look at a local specialty powder coating company that uses Prismatic's SuperChrome powder coating.  It is suppose to be the best out there...not a full mirror finish like real chrome, but better than any other alternatives....I will look at some different coated pieces tomorrow to get and idea if I want use it....please let me know if there is any interest in these....the more I can have made at one time, the lower the cost per unit will be....I am trying to keep the price at or below $100 ea......

best to all

OR Seedman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk