New owner of 1999 Drifter from New Hampshire

Started by Ontargetbill, November 11, 2016, 21:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Welcome OnTarget!  I'm not usually a "flames" fan on the Drifter --  but that one looks really good.    Keep us posted!!

No Worries

Aimee.L

Awesome! I'm also in NH and just got a 2005 Drifter 800  :)

Keep the shiny side up :)

Ontargetbill

Thanks for the classified wanted to buy link.
I'm going to check it out.

pcarrell

Quote from: CDNRatMan on November 18, 2016, 17:02:13 PM

Does that rake and angle help with the tuning radius?

Depends whether you want to go right, or left.

CDNRatMan

Ontargetbill:
Scroll down till you see the Calssified section then look right there and there is a section for want to buy....like the picture I attached...

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Ontargetbill

HI All,
Yeah finding things is really a challenge. Finding a solo seat is by far the hardest one to find that I wont need to get a second mortgage to get. hahaha..

I like the no light bar solution that pcarrell posted looks great.

I was able to buy a black lightbar that fits the bike. I also like the 1959 caddy tail light mod's some guys are doing really brings out the originality of the bike. I will be getting a set after the holidays.

Now I got to find where  to post "wanted" items on the site and wait.

Thanks for the great Welcome and just cant wait for Spring.

CDNRatMan

Does that rake and angle help with the tuning radius?

pcarrell

Yeah, the mark that the bag might have left is the least of Nadine's problems right now.

This is what she looked like the last time I saw her......

CDNRatMan

PC took care of that when he tried to move the truck off the road, that front end needs more then a paint job, Indian_fan has it now in ND.

Troll

That bag on the fork will likely screw up the paint on the fender.....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

pcarrell

Welcome to the forum target!

I used the No Bar solution (http://www.vulcangadgets.com/files/ta_lightbar.html) to mount my driving lights and it works great!

Click to Enlarge

Old Drifter

Welcome to the forum, it's great to see another '99 too! You'll find great info here.

Gene

1999 Drifter

DC

Welcome to the forum, Ontargetbill!  Maybe put your battery on a Battery Tender over the winter.

greenbarn

No Worries

Ontargetbill

Thanks for the tips.
Weather in the 60's today seen a baby blue 800 drifter going bye. Made me smile

tj

Welcome!

Was in New Hampshire a few years ago....fantastic countryside!

CDNRatMan

Now see you found that the hunting for parts is a real challenge. So you ask on the forum and if someone finds it they will let you know. Just beware of those that are asking stupid high prices for parts, so do look around. Spotlights and a light bar should not be to hard to find one off any Vulcan Classic should fit.
Lots of talk about hard and soft bags on the forum, so some winter time reading. A double Drifter Family is nice, 2 different sizes is also good.
Also check out the tabs up top marked links and Articles for more reading and finding things to do and how to do them.

Ontargetbill

Hi All,
The bike needs a solo seat,spotlights and either a fairing or windshield.

The easy things are an Indian fender light and new bags.

I've always liked the way the drifter looks and rides.
I sold my 2005 Kawaki Vulcan 2000 which was a great ride but very top heavy.

The paint is very different from any other drifter's I've seen and really looks great up close but might go back to the traditional two tone some day.

I also like the 800 drifter with the single shock and trying to talk the wife in selling her intruder so we can have two drifter's in the family.

I love working on bikes so mod's will be fun but yeah i'm finding getting oem or even aftermarket goodies is a challenge at best.

The bikes on the site are gorgeous and I am on the site a lot getting ideas and hopefully contribute with something useful in the coming months.

Trall

Welcome and Cool beans.  Owning a Drifter is so much fun.  It puts a smile on your face every time, I see mine. 

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
And good luck with your hunting. You'll need it, as aftermarket stuff is gettin' way harder to find as time goes by...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Nice to a Southern boy parking his machine in a timely manner. Very interesting ride. What if any Plans for winter mods or changes.......

Ontargetbill

HI Folks,
I purchased and put in storage an awesome 1999 Drifter and am so glad I found this site. It's getting cold in the NH but I'm looking forward to riding come spring.

Having fun looking for a few goodies like a solo seat and driving lights.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk