Northern Drifter Rendezvous

Started by CDNRatMan, November 19, 2016, 14:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

I have had a few people asking about different things and something we have come up with is if you have a few spare parts or parts you don't need anymore bring them with you and we can have a swap met and swap / sell / buy some parts......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

CDNRatMan

You can start to call to make your reservations anytime now........

CDNRatMan

CDNRatMan

Good day: Friday I signed the contract with the now called Ramada Pinewood Park Resort, North Bay. We have blocked off a total of 15 rooms and more if required. If you call please use the "Northern Drifter Rendezvous" to let them know what group you are part of, and the dates are 28th July till 31st July 2017, departure date would be the 1st of Aug.  I will be meeting with both managers on Tuesday to get the reservation items sorted out.
They will hold the rooms till the 14th of July and then the rooms go back into the pool of rooms. They have given us the rooms on the first floor (ground floor) on the south side of the building next to the parking lot. The rooms are 2 queens non-smoking, if you require something different please let them know and they will do what they can to accommodate you.  ($129.99 CDN per night). The Resort cancellation policy is that you need to make your cancellation 5 days prior to the date of arrival.
They will accept reservations from today onwards and you can either e-mail them at pinewoodparkresort@gmail.com or you can call them at the following numbers 705-472-0810 or toll free at 1-800-461-9592 and just ask to ensure you are talking to the North Bay front desk. Because they are going through a transition phase at present they may not give out a confirmation number but ask for a confirmation e mail for your records, I will also keep a list of those how have reserved a room., to ensure everyone has a place.
I am also asking that once you have reserved your rooms to just drop me a note so I can keep a list and verify that the reservations are done. Plus I can work on the number of people for the banquet and meet and greet meals, and get the food correct.
I know some people have issues travelling without their firearms so this also gives those people plenty of time to check into the laws relevant to travelling to Canada with firearms but I know that you will have issues bringing them across the border so please check into that. Also DOT approved helmets will be mandatory for all provinces.
Thanks.

CDNRatMan

::) Man can not give you everything on one trip so perhaps this trip the lights last trip Mrs GB wanted to see a Wild Moose up close and personal and that request was met......lol.......

greenbarn

Looking forward to this trip - I enjoyed my trip this year up there, the scenery is good, and the people are great.   T-shirts are not necessary, but of course would be a nice touch, so it's your call.

Now if you could just get the Northern Lights show scheduled for one of those nights, we're all set.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

We will be staying at the Clarion Resort at Pinewood Park, as I have said they are undergoing some changes but nothing has been said of changing the name.
Right now we have a block of rooms some are called Standard guestrooms
And then the Executive guestrooms:
Standard rooms are $124.00 CDN The Executive rooms are $139.99 CDN. Standard rooms are 2 queen size beds, Executive is a king size bed and oversize pullout sofa bed. Mini bar and a work desk.
88% of the rooms are non-smoking. All guestrooms are equipped with coffee makers, hair dryer, full size iron and ironing board. Coloured TV and high speed Internet.
There is a lounge, and restaurant on site, a wellness spa and a 18 hole Executive golf course. Super easy access from any direction you will be coming from. Service Center, Tim Horton's, and a Corner store all across the street.
Also there is a large parking lot on the side for vehicle and trailer parking for those of you trailer your rides.
I am wondering if there is interest in a private visit to the 22 Wing AeroSpace Museum.
http://www.aerospacedefence.ca/
I can arrange a visit one evening after riding and then go for supper.
Also is there an interest in T shirts?
I am also looking at a Banquet dinner and once I have numbers I can get a better idea of a menu.
You can also check out www.ridethenorth.com for the three rides I have picked. You can also ask GreenBarn as he has ridden 2 of the rides.

CDNRatMan

8)     After much thought I will be hosting a Canadian Drifter Event this coming summer. July 28th thru Aug 1st I will be host the Northern Drifter Rendezvous here in North Bay Ontario Canada.
I have secured the Clarion Resort at Pinewood Park, however they are undergoing some changes and so their reservation line is out right now, as is their web site. Sue the manager has booked of a block of rooms for us. As soon as I have the toll free number I'll post it and you use the term " Drifter Rendezvous to get into our block of room. I have three really good pleasant rides planned out for the event. I am also looking at a couple of evening events if people want to have them, those I'll be asking about later.
Also remember once I post any financial info it will be in Canadian funds. I also have a ride that will cross over to Quebec and no you will not need a passport for that crossing. The Clarion has a huge parking lot are and so will have no issues accommodating vehicles with trailers.
I am going to spend the next few weeks sorting out the little details.
More to follow..........
So thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk