Ram Air Intake by ABS

Started by rob f, April 26, 2020, 22:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

You're absolutely right: here in Italy we're still facing the lockdown, so no riding at all... >:(
BUT, yesterday the Government has announced that from next 4th of May it will be possible to put the nose out of the house. That's the s.c. Phase 2.
So, finally I'll be able to ride once more!  :)
P.S.: As for the new air intake, maybe you should try to paint it black. This way, it should be less visible, especially at night!  ;D

I love my swingin' bike!

rob f

Good to hear from you again mitt. I don't imagine that you are riding around to much yet because of the serious c-19 situation in your country. Here where i live because of low population c-19 hasn't stopped the bikers. What did stop us was the late winter. My first ride was april 20th.

You are correct that the air mod looks better under the tank and i have run it like that for the last season. I have been trying to get more power from this bike ever since i bought it. My last attempt was to put in a larger main jet. Thinking that the larger jet would require more air i thought that i would extend the air intake and point it forward into the wind current. Because the main jets primary function is max fuel delivery under load and full throttle, it made sense to 'Ram" more air in the faster the bike goes. With the intake snorkel under the tank this could not happen. To make it less ugly i strapped a piece of chrome heat shielding onto the pipe. Looks good from a distance. lol

mittico68

Quite similar to what I did, as I don't like irreversible mods, too.
Except for the fact that I have changed the oem air filter with a full open one: this drove me to turn trice the air mix screw. And I just closed the upper hole of the oem air snorkel, simply by putting a plastic plug.
BTW, what about shorten that ram air? IMHO, I think it would look better if hidden under the tank.  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

rob f

I have read about "Grampsizing" and "Scooterizing" on this forum but never had the courage to butcher my airbox to the point of no return. I have come up with an alternative that can be removed and brought back to original if need be. ( see Pics)  I was having power issues and found that the only way to squeeze a bit more was to get more air into the carb and size up the main jet. My set up now is 17/40 sprockets, partially debafelled oem muffler, k&n air filter, dynojet 144 main, needle clip on #2 notch, air mix screw at 2 3/4 and of course the newly installed ABS ram air. I have enough power now for hills on lower posted hyways < 110kph but have my doubts about cruising on your US high speed interstates. Guess that i don't have to worry about that if the borders stay closed indefinitely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk