1 3/4 turns on A/F, 1st clip,48 pilot, 160 main - 41mpg
K&N
Marbled and Modified airbox
Vulcan Classic 800 sissy bar
Viking saddle bags

Near future
135 main / 42 pilot

kw-retrorider

Pete...my bad...was just following the language in the string; but you are 100% correct...and terminology counts...they are flange bolts. My point of course, was that an alternative was readily available. Thanks for keeping me straight.

Pete

Quote from: kw-retrorider on July 09, 2020, 05:59:42 AM

... I bought plated longer metric button heads

Those are called flanged bolts. Button-heads AKA dome-heads look like round domes (Button-heads can also have flanges). I'm not being pedantic, it's just that if people know the right name it's easier to find what they are looking for.
Ride safe, live long and prosper.

kw-retrorider

Always nice to get the right part in chrome. I had the same thoughts as Seedman about longer bolts with saddlebag mounts, but was not as patient.

For info and for the non-purist....In the non-chrome category, I bought plated longer metric button heads at ACE Hardware right off the shelf. The hex size is larger than the factory chrome bolt heads (15mm), but they work. I don't take the mounts on and off much. I use nylon washers between the bag and seat brackets. The Ace Hardware bolt heads could be painted black if you had to hide the truth, but I feel good about having a few extra threads supporting the saddlebags.

Pete

Part No 92151-1442

It's an M10F x 30mm long.

It appears in the Kawasaki parts list in the "Frame Fittings" section.

OR Seedman

unfortunately, I can't remember where I ordered them from.....I was shopping for various chrome metric bolts online and came across a website that had a huge inventory....I ordered various hex head bolts that i needed as replacements and found the button head ones on there....sorry...not much help

OR Seedman

Pete

For the record the bolts are M10F rather than M12.

greenbarn

Quote from: OR Seedman on February 25, 2020, 19:10:35 PM

I spent some time looking for chrome replacements online at various specialty bolt shops.....I wanted some a little longer for when I was using my saddlebag mounts....picked up some chrome button head hex bolts that were 5mm longer (needed the extra length due to the thickness of the saddlebag brackets)  They worked really well but were kind of expensive...

Do you have the source for where you got them, OR?

I have ordered several replacement bolts - the chromed flange-head type that the seat uses --   I ordered them by part number from a parts catalog,  it was more than likely partzilla that I used, or may have been kawasaki parts house, or one of the others.  They came correctly and I got what I needed. 

No Worries

OR Seedman

I spent some time looking for chrome replacements online at various specialty bolt shops.....I wanted some a little longer for when I was using my saddlebag mounts....picked up some chrome button head hex bolts that were 5mm longer (needed the extra length due to the thickness of the saddlebag brackets)  They worked really well but were kind of expensive...

OR Seedman

grtwhyt8m

Hey thanks.  That was actually one of the 1st few sites I checked out. Even a spec page doesn't reflect the part name. I'd bought a set online thinking it was a match but the bolt dimensions/specs were incorrect.  A junkyard's going to have lousier edges than my existing.  Where's Waldo.  ; )

https://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/kawasaki-vn800e2-vulcan-800-drifter-2002-usa-california-canada-accessory_bigkar117747593_4bf1.gif

Easy Drifter

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

grtwhyt8m

These bolts appear to be as hard to locate online as Waldo.  Anybody know where I can pick up a new set of 4?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk