2013 Laconia

Started by lumper, May 26, 2013, 10:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumper

Yeah we stay away from weirs beach fr the most part, we go for one day, usually the last Saturday evening, a few hours before sunset and stay until the bars close, but the rest of the time we ride the Kang and north, around and through the White Mts, its beautiful up there and tons off great rides and good people.
Well if anyone decides to go for sure and you want to meet up for a beer or a ride somewhere we are always looking to meet up with riders and we hope to meet a few drifter riders, a breed all their own.
Lump

nhtrikes

I'll be riding all week but plan to take a few days off towards the end of the week and head up to the Weirs and surrounding area, weather depending. I live about 25 mins. away. We usually take a ride around the lake one day, about 100 miles around and stop in at the Weirs for a few minutes. It's fun to look at the bikes for a little and visit a few vendors but I'd much prefer riding over shopping.  8)  Sometimes we head north to the Kangamagus Pass, Rte. 112 from N.Woodstock to Conway, back down Rte. 16 to 25 back into the lakes region, nice ride. I am hoping to see another Drifter in my travels as well. My brother in law wants we to join him in a big group that likes to do the Washington climb every year. Not sure I want to punish my bike, or myself, that much yet. He does it every year I believe on Thurs. When we get close drop me a line and we can try to hook up one day that week.

Take care,

Pete

'02 Drifter 1500
Geriatric Cruiser

chief

I haven't been there is a very long time... would like to get out there again before I move on.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

lumper

Hi all,
Been a long time since I have checked in.
I sold my 99 drifter last fall and have been off the site.
I still ride though and have a bike, I am going once again to Laconia this year and wondered if anyone would be planning on going?
Last time I went we never saw another Drifter in Nh until we left bike week and saw one in Maine and one in Hampton beach, thats it, 2 other drifters.
Mine was a hit on Weirs beach, it was a lot of fun but I was hoping back then to meet up with other drifter riders.
We are staying in North Woodstock this year, closer to the white Mts than the lakes region, thats where all the good riding is, lol.
Anyway just wondering if any of you are planning on going, I would be nice to meet up with a few drifter riders out n the road.
Except for the mds I have done I will be on a classic boring old black bike, nearly getting lost in parking lots, ahh I miss my Drifter,lol.
Hope to see some Drifters representing this year, especially with the new Indians coming out the Drifter will get lots of attention and stand out in a crowd even among thousands of other bikes.

Lump
Chief, griz, you guys ever get out to Laconia?
this year I believe is the 95th anniversary of the country's oldest bike rally, it would be nice to meet you guys finally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk