Looking

Started by Ben, September 11, 2016, 19:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2016, 13:18:35 PM

::) not that far to ride to Italy from the Netherlands. What a 3 day ride at best........

Ratman, you're absolutely right... and I do like the Netherlands (been there many years ago...).
BUT Sir, you should consider the cost of importations and (most of all) registration... that is why I was hopin' I had enough MONEY!

I love my swingin' bike!

DC

Exactly. . . . . High quality, lots of feature and functionality, and all at a reasonable cost.  Nothing else will even come close to a Drifter at two or three times the price.  This is the great undiscovered, sleeper bike.

Zoar

Quote from: Ben on September 11, 2016, 19:12:56 PM

Hey all,
I'm looking for my first dream bike, Vulcan drifter 1500
I live in West Virginia but spend quite a bit of time in Florida. (space coast). I'm looking for something inexpensive at first. Something I can learn on and tinker with before moving up to something really nice. Anybody know of something?

Drifter's come nice... Just about every Drifter I have seen is nice... and compared to other bikes: inexpensive. I guess my feeling here is --- you do not need to compromise. You can get a great bike and a low price; you do not need to get a lower quality something and then someday get something nice. A Drifter usually comes with the best of both worlds.

CDNRatMan

::) not that far to ride to Italy from the Netherlands. What a 3 day ride at best........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

mittico68

Goosberrie, that Drifter together with its sidecar are awesome!
I wish I had enough money to buy it and have it delivered at my door...

I love my swingin' bike!

mittico68

You could buy an 800 Drifter, just to start on...
And then, after ridin' until you'll feel that you've had enough, upgrade to a 1500 Drifter.
In my case, I'm ridin' my 800 since 1999 and I still do not have enough!!! ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Ben not sure of your statement but once you find a Drifter that you like you will not have to keep looking for anything better because there is nothing better.
Find a Drifter with all the goodies you want, because trust me the goodies are getting harder and harder to find
Have fun and enjoy the ride

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

pcarrell

I'd suggest joining the forum and checking out the Bikes For Sale section.  A nice old '99 1500 just went up for sale 2 days ago in there for $3400.....ya can't beat that!

Ben

Hey all,
I'm looking for my first dream bike, Vulcan drifter 1500
I live in West Virginia but spend quite a bit of time in Florida. (space coast). I'm looking for something inexpensive at first. Something I can learn on and tinker with before moving up to something really nice. Anybody know of something?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk