Help with oil screen 800 drifter please

Started by Gregpaulc, January 05, 2019, 00:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARPE DIEM DRIFTER

Gregpaulc, I looked your 2000 800 Drifter up on Kawasakipartsnations web site. The parts schematic ( oil filter/oil pump) will show you the correct orientation of the screen and other parts in question. Hope this helps. Happy Drifting, CDD.

Pilgrim

On my 1500 the rubber gasket  goes inside. The washer goes over the screen and nest against the rubber gasket then the spring goes over the screen. The metal end of spring would be facing out. Torque plug to 14 ft. lbs.

I would think the 800 would be the same but not sure.

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b26d1f8700223e4790e40/oil-pump-oil-filter

Gregpaulc

Wanted to clean oil screen for 1st time on a 2000 800 drifter I purchased with 11000 miles on it , it now has 15000 on it. Pulled the screen out and it was really squashed. Think previous owner had it in backwards. I belive the solid cap end of the screen goes into the oil case and the open end of the screen goes against the spring and threaded cap that seals the oil case. Can someone please confirm this for me where I can get bike up and running Thanks in advance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk