New windshield

Started by indue, January 12, 2018, 13:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indue

I hate when that happens!

jmbo

I must be either lucky or dense because I rarely feel any buffeting on my 99'er.  I need the lowers otherwise the wind blows my mustache up into my nose and it gets tangled up with my nose hairs.

Jimb

mittico68

It's not my cup of tea (as I prefer a vintage style windshield), but it's good that it works well for ya.

I love my swingin' bike!

indue

Old Drifter

Gene

1999 Drifter

indue

I just recently purchased a National Stinger/Wave shield for the bike. When I bought the bike it had a Rifle shield that was like driving around with a sail on the front end. Took it off and the ride was much better. I have had MRO Vario, Laminar lip, Puig, Zero Gravity, Stucchi etc. in the past and I like a shield that has an upturn in the trailing edge. The only mistake I made was buying the install kit for the Road King and should have purchased the universal mount with the clamps. But luckily, the old Rifle mount helped with the installation. How does it work? Quite well in that it takes the buffeting out and relieves the pressure on your chest so you have a more relaxed grip on the handlebar. Pictures #2 and #3 if you can decipher them, show the installation. Although it was expensive, I am pleased.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk