2014 Drift-In

Started by chief, July 29, 2013, 15:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2beers

Enjoying the picks, guys and gals!  Post more!  And so glad to hear of each rider getting home safely, the last few should be checking in soon...

Time and family considerations didn't allow us to make it this year, but we'll try our best for next year's Drift-In.  The good news on our home front is that I (the Bride) was finally able (after 10 months of mods, including different boots lol) to get out and ride my 800, Princess...so 2beers on Blue and I on Princess celebrated Drift-In 2014 with two days of short, but successful, rides  8)

Safe Travels to all!!!

-The Bride

We've always been car crazy.  We've always been bike crazy.  Most people agree we're just plain crazy.

kw-retrorider

Left at 0430 this morning from Maggie Valley and got in about 3:15 pm. Wheeled my 800 out to curb to not wake you guys up. Had to get ot of the Smokies and beat the Sunday traffic back to DC and Baltimore. All good with no breakdowns or hiccups. The 800 just did a steady 70-75 MPH per speedo and had no issues. Can't ask for more. Only thing that was consistent was that after 500 miles of highway, I could hear the chain. Happened when I arrived at Maggie Valley when I finally slowed down (so lubed it then) and is evident now that I am home again. Anecdotally (because we are without tach....no issues with the stock gearing....lost a few MPG when doing over 70, but engine never sounded or felt overworked...just roared out of the roadhouse).

It was a pleasure to spend some time with Pilgrim, GB and Troll. Some interesting dynamics at the Drift-in between founders, company sponsors and hosts. As someone said to me: "People are who they are!" I agree. All in all had a great time. Enjoyed the bikes, the rides, the museum (wheels thru time) and the people. Again, Drift1 and Ratman....you were missed. It was a treat to see "Olive" close up. Some photos including a line up on the Blue Ridge Parkway (you will recognize Troll's 1500); some shots in the museum to understand why you could spend a long time there; a stop outside Juke Box Junction and the 800s during judging (the 2005 to the left of my black 2003 got best 800).

Hope GB and Troll make it home safely. Thanks all. Glad I made it. Have to get back to a regular diet after all that home style southern cooking!

greenbarn

Pilgrim must be home.  I have about 50 miles to go. Stopped for a break to rest.  Safe travels to all.

No Worries

Pilgrim

a few pics...
1. Greenbarn and Chief...the host of this years Drift-In.
2. Troll -ready to ride
3.Drifters as far as you can see
4. Moms...a good place to eat...or pee behind  ::)

Pilgrim

Home sweet home...had an awesome Drift-In.  Great picture Troll -of you at the highest.
Looking forward to next year's Drift-In in Pikeville, KY.  8)

49Reo

Beautiful country there; wish I was there....maybe next year.....

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

Muscle relaxer and ice over night..you know how old people are, and I'm fine this morning. We did a 103 miles of twistys, and I feel great!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Drift1

GB wish I was there as well bud . Hoping to make next year's .

Troll glad to hear your alright . Maybe add some spinach in them there salads you've been eating , for strength .

"I prefer peace,but if trouble must come,let it come in my time,so that my children can live in peace."

Thomas Payne

BamaBikerMom

8/15/2014
Chief and One of our Patriot Guard who had our "backs" during the ride... Thank you again Chief that was an awesome ride.. best one of the rally IMHO....

BamaBikerMom

gggg's Troll.... don't take it so personally  :o ... I am just glad you weren't hurt....  :D

greenbarn

D1 - yes we're eating well-(except for Troll - he just eats salads). Wish you were here.

Troll - you dumped your bike? I hadn't heard about that.

No Worries

Troll

Ya just had to mention it....thanks. My right shoulder has a torn rotator cuff, and while making a slow (walking speed) left turn, it locked up mid turn and I wound up gently laying the bike on it's right side. Shoulder feels better, now, and there is no damage to the bike.....She just had to mention it..............

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

BamaBikerMom

BamaBikerMom

Troll

An absolute jewel, here in Maggie Valley: The Wheels Through Time Museum is incredible. If you like motorcycles at all, then spending 4 or 5 hours here will be a great time. Everything you might imagine, and more. They even started some of the 100 year old bikes for us while we were here! Everything runs....

Troll

Pilgrim and GreenBarn going on a shopping trip

BamaBikerMom

Here are more sites with photos of riders on the Dragon make sure to keep going through the pictures there is another group of riders after the first group. 8)

Around 12:11
http://moonshinephoto.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9364105&g=0CVY016M01

Around 12:07
http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9364147&g=0QAK01RZ02

Around 12:10
http://129slayer.com/129Slayer/129Slayer.com_Photo_Store_information.html

Troll

Here's a couple of shots from 129 Slayer. Killboy doesn't have Aug.13 th posted yet

Drift1

Keep the pictures coming and GB don't make me pm Troll to keep track of your daily calories intake .... lol ..... Have fun and be safe out there fellow drifters

"I prefer peace,but if trouble must come,let it come in my time,so that my children can live in peace."

Thomas Payne

DC

Quote from: Pilgrim on August 12, 2014, 06:53:18 AM

Look for the Drifters.... 8)

I'm seeing Drifters EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

greenbarn

Actually 8 of us turned out counting the guy who joined up with us.

And that jambalaya WAS GOOD.

No Worries

Troll

There were originally no rides scheduled for today,  so I had planned to go and ride the Dragon again. I put out an open invitation, and there were seven of us!   Beautiful ride to Deals Gap, and the traffic was pretty light, so we had a really enjoyable ride in both directions!  We had home made sausage and chicken Jambalaya for dinner

CDNRatMan

sorry, glad you both made it safe.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

Internet  connection is a little slow...look again

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk