The Motorcycle Show Toronto

Started by CDNRatMan, February 02, 2016, 18:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 22, 2016, 18:54:22 PM

You actually went to the show?

Yep, I left a message on your cell Saturday about 1230 but I guess you were already gone. My daughter was looking closely at a Honda CTX700N and is still considering it.

Now today I actually went to the local Honda Shop and told the owner what a turn off that show was. Then told him about the Moto Van display, so he asked me to think about what was the cheapest price I was willing to pay for the beanie helmet, and to think it over and when I decided to buy another helmet then to go and see him and we would work out a deal.......

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You should be getting a show special otherwise why would you buy at the show if the price at the store was identical.

CDNRatMan

You actually went to the show?

Now today I actually went to the local Honda Shop and told the owner what a turn off that show was. Then told him about the Moto Van display, so he asked me to think about what was the cheapest price I was willing to pay for the beanie helmet, and to think it over and when I decided to buy another helmet then to go and see him and we would work out a deal.......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Hoggy

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 22, 2016, 00:07:35 AM

OH never did see a sign on the highway to turn to find your house so we had to have lunch in Orillia..........

oh yes I did pick you something up and you need to come and get it in July.......

While you were having lunch in Orillia I was at the show.
See you in July.

CDNRatMan

Well I did 2 shows now and at $100.00+ per night, cost of fuel and meals it gets expensive to drive down and not find anything, and not have it as advertised. So not sure if we are going to bother going down once more, just save my funds for WI and the Biker reunion.

tj

The spring show in April at the international centre should be much better for parts n such. Pickers market...

http://motorcyclespringshow.com/pickers-market/

CDNRatMan

I did not buy anything and that is really sad. We went 3 of us and we did not spend any money. I found one beanie helmet I liked at the Moto Van display, asked the cost the guy told me the MSRP was $89.00, so I asked what the show special price was....I got deer in the headlight look from him and he said Special price, you need to contact the local dealer of Moto Van products in your area......ok so tomorrow I am going to the local Honda dealer and tell them that the Moto Van dude said if I bought this helmet I could get it for $55.00, and see what happens.
OH never did see a sign on the highway to turn to find your house so we had to have lunch in Orillia..........

oh yes I did pick you something up and you need to come and get it in July.......

Hoggy

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 20, 2016, 19:03:50 PM

A complete waste of a day really, was not a swap meet in any sense of the word, was only a few vendors, had all the major bike brands, but that was it......not on the list for next year.

Does that mean you didn't get me anything?

CDNRatMan

A complete waste of a day really, was not a swap meet in any sense of the word, was only a few vendors, had all the major bike brands, but that was it......not on the list for next year.

CDNRatMan

CDNRatMan

8) I am going to keep my eyes open for something really off the wall for 2 special people in the US of A and one really old mountain man in BC..........Troll for you something nice........But that dude in TN is going to get something cool also.....this is going to be a fun weekend......or the 18th to the 20th will be fun finding something to send them people.........just the thought counts.....
and looking for speedo visors, front hub covers, and anything else .....?

greenbarn

Seems like every show or swap meet I've ever been to has either HD stuff, or more highly custom stuff (in the case of a show), but very little of anything else....    Hardly ever see any type of Kaw stuff that would bolt on...

No Worries

tj

I think I'll try and go...been disappointed last couple times I went.

CDNRatMan

I hope there is something good at this one but I am going to go and see what it is about. Will you be attending?

tj

A swap meet would be good!...this show needs something for sure.

CDNRatMan

This is the second one for the year, Dates are February 19 - 21, 2016.......once again I'll be heading down Friday and leaving Sat afternoon, understand there is supposed to be a swap meet area at this one. Front hub covers and speedo visors are on the list to find...........

http://torontomotorcycleshow.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk