2002 bike,engine running rough,, vibrates

Started by Maroon888, July 18, 2019, 04:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

Get yourself a can of spray brake cleaner or even carb cleaner, and start the engine. Let it warm up, remove the airbox cover and see if you can spray the cleaner onto the throttle body and at the joints where the intake meets the heads. There a re a few rubber hoses that can break/crack in there too. Sounds like a vacuum leak

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

chief

Did you check compression? Change plugs?

Run FI diagnostic?

Does it have original or aftermarket exhaust?
Does it have aftermarket FI box (Cobra FI2000, etc)?

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Maroon888

Hi folks,
Have a question for you,my 1st post on here by the way...I bought this bike recently,,it has 13000 miles on it,I have run two bottles of injection cleaner through it and done 500 miles.she is not running well at all,,when at idle it is not smooth at all ,sounds like it's only firing on 1cylinder,but it is firing on both.when you bring the revs up a bit the engine vibrates,, it's like a carb bike with the carbs way out of balance,,all 4plugs are the same colour,but very white,,no light brown tinge at all.no F1 light on,, I've been through everything quite thoroughly ,but can't find nothing obvious.  It's not very nice to ride,,engine vibrates ,gear changes can be rough, especially 1st to 2nd,,the engine feels like it's out of balance between the two cylinders..any help would be much appreciated....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk