VDOG UK

Started by Bongo, October 03, 2018, 01:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor the Toad

Here's me at Bongo's VDOGUK Lakes rally this year

greenbarn

Great to hear from you Bongo...  I haven't had time to get on VDOG for quiite some time- haven't had time to do much o anything, and haven't even gotten in much riding this year-  overall a dismal year in many ways.

Glad to see you on here though, and good to hear from you.  I hear from Uncle Malcomb from time to time, LOL, good to see he's still hanging with it.

No Worries

chief

I'm going to leave this for a while and them move it to the UK board. Happy to hear from Bongo and the UK folks.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Bongo

Hey guys,

We are alive and well and functioning over the pond in the UK.
Our forum has or is about to be archived for reference purposes only as 95% of us use Facebook to communicate now.

We lost Chev who some of you may have met to the Big C a few years ago. I still own one of his bikes (800 Drifter) which he purchased just 4 weeks before he passed away and intended me to customise for him under his guidance.

It has been sat at the back of my garage under a blanket after being stripped for paint and wheel re-coating ever since Chev passed away.

I have just sold another 800 Drifter to a new member of VDOG UK and my Indian Chief Vintage has also been sold after 3 years of nothing but grief! Now I have the space to start Chev's old bike over winter, watch this space.

Although we are a small Island compared to the US (& smaller than some states!) we typically get about 20 bikes to rallies.

Some of us have joined the Vulcan Riders Association who not only have local regional rallies but National and International too.
So far I have taken a Drifter either my 800 solo or 1500 with my wife to Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France, Germany, Italy, Holland & Belgium for various rallies and International rallies which typically attract about 6-700 Vulcans, although Drifters are rare and for that reason do catch attention.

Next year we are off to Finland for a Vulcan International rally, somewhere I have never been. We do get guys from the States and even Australia & NZ who fly over and hire a bike for the weekend.

I will keep in touch and the States are on my bucket list to do by bike. I have access to a Vulcan 900 Classic over there so hopefully within the next 2 years we can meet up for a ride.

Active membership wise, we have about 25 owners who regularly contribute and around 20 who turn up to rallies with a core of around 15 who go to almost every one. That said, it's only 900 miles from the bottom of England to the tip of Scotland, so a bit easier for us.

A friend of ours has just returned from a month long trip to the States with his wife riding her 800 she keeps over there and his borrowed 1500 and met up with a few from VDOG US?

Is this a different group?

Anyhow, I will keep you all informed of what we are up to.

One of our members is a retired Architect and has designed a number of Drifter mods, not least of which are solid wheel spoke covers and rectifier covers which have been produced. I'll get some pics and upload.

We were all saddened to hear of Ratman's sudden departure from this world. He was a funny guy who was a regular contributor to our forum and we enjoyed a lot of banter with him. Respects and RIP old timer.

Hope you are all well.

Bongo

VDOG UK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk