Winter Maintenance

Started by Pilgrim, November 04, 2018, 19:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Quote from: Old Drifter on November 05, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

Usually I do take it out on nicer days, however I have too much "stuff" in the garage to move around to get it out. Also, I'm trying to get my travel trailer ready (new awning) for a winter get away to Florida this winter.

That sounds like a good plan. Fly south for the winter.

Pilgrim

Quote from: RockinRollin on November 05, 2018, 08:54:06 AM

I'm planning on making front fork lowers to try and block the wind a little on the highway.

Fabricated some for mine and they do make a difference.

kw-retrorider

If I can get to it....would like to install a set of F&S spotlights and light bar from a Classic....last thing Ratman turned me on to on ebay.

Old Drifter

Quote from: Pilgrim on November 05, 2018, 07:02:56 AM

Long sleep? I thought you would be riding all winter down in Ga. Was 50 here yesterday, sun was shining and it was pleasant riding with just my leather and gloves.

Usually I do take it out on nicer days, however I have too much "stuff" in the garage to move around to get it out. Also, I'm trying to get my travel trailer ready (new awning) for a winter get away to Florida this winter.
Gene

1999 Drifter

RockinRollin

I'm planning on making front fork lowers to try and block the wind a little on the highway.

Pilgrim

Quote from: Old Drifter on November 04, 2018, 21:48:57 PM

This winter, the tank is topped off with ethanol-free gas and the battery tender is on for the long sleep. I'll be doing maintenance the in the spring.

Long sleep? I thought you would be riding all winter down in Ga. Was 50 here yesterday, sun was shining and it was pleasant riding with just my leather and gloves.

Pilgrim

Quote from: greenbarn on November 04, 2018, 21:19:22 PM

Well, I have plenty of stuff planned, but we'll see how much of it gets done, LOL....   I'd like to get saddlebag mounts and a luggage rack made for the 1500, we'll see.....

That should be a one day job for you, once you get it drafted up. Expect to see pics by spring.  ;D

Old Drifter

Quote from: Pilgrim on November 04, 2018, 19:25:15 PM

I am going to change my oil, change brake & clutch fluid, and change my coolant.

This winter, the tank is topped off with ethanol-free gas and the battery tender is on for the long sleep. I'll be doing maintenance the in the spring.
Gene

1999 Drifter

greenbarn

Well, I have plenty of stuff planned, but we'll see how much of it gets done, LOL....   I'd like to get saddlebag mounts and a luggage rack made for the 1500, we'll see.....

No Worries

Pilgrim

So..what do ya'll have planned for winter? I am going to change my oil, change brake & clutch fluid, and change my coolant. Last winter I replaced my front shocks/springs with progressive, lubed my drive shaft and swing arm. I'll do other little things also, like re-torque bolts and stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk