2017 Northern Drifter Rendezvous

Started by chief, August 25, 2016, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aralph

Awesome job Andy. And the video was wonderful to watch.

aralph

kw-retrorider

Ratman: Indeed I did, and don't think I didn't want to be there. I looked at the map and the mileage...it was very doable.
....I squared away a lot of estate and personal business this year. If I can stay on track...things might look good for next year.  Also have to catch up on maintenance including get some new tread on my 800...ready for both tires....and maybe some brake work while I get that front hub cover on....

CDNRatMan

My Uncle Rolly did an awesome job and kw you remember you had a personal invite from me to attend.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

kw-retrorider

Excellent Video! Looks like you had some fun. Good musical track too.

CDNRatMan

And I did keep a seat for you through the whole event.........book the next one off early..........

tj

Really liked the video. Great job RockinRollin!

mittico68

Wow! Great video!
I really enjoyed. It seems to me to be there (but unfortunately I wasn't...  :-\ ).
And I really like the screenshots of the bikes...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

https://youtu.be/3cFAAuKBdJU

Here is the link for the video that Uncle Rolly made from this summer's event. I think he did a fantastic job of it and it is really nice to watch so if you like it please let him know, but not too much as his helmet will never fit him again......please enjoy this....

CDNRatMan

:o oh now coconut you want to be informed.....lol...in the Soo in 19.......

tj

Looks like a great turnout!...Excellent pics.

Sorry I missed it...when's the next one? lol

CDNRatMan

CDNRatMan

I thank you Sir for the kind words. I most likely will not be hosting another event in this area, as those that did attend have ridden the best rides in the area. This is one bad part of living here there is only so many roads to ride and then you are going over them all the time. I know that a couple who attended this event have offered to host an event in their area of Ontario in 2019, and so I will be attending that one for sure. They are in the Sault Ste. Marie area. I am just glad everyone had a good time and there was no drama and no BS to deal with......

But to also add that anyone is ever up here and wants to be taken on a toured ride of the area just needs to let me know when you will be here....and we can see if we can arrange something.....

kw-retrorider

Nice job Ratman. Looks like you had a great turn out. Sorry I couldn't make it.

But now that it is a hit, I'm sure you'll have it again. Great pics. Nice to see Mr. Greenbarn get some recognition for his resto-mod efforts. Cool.

CDNRatMan

I watched you pull out and you never looked back.......but I will see you again in 19 for sure in the Soo......

RockinRollin

I would have liked to have seen that. Just kidding. I actually forgot to check out. I had to do so by phone when I got home.
You were up in the restaurant by 7:00 am most mornings and I left at 8:00, Greenbarn and JoBear will attest to that. I even talked with the young Drifter and his wife for a few minutes outside before I got underway. Gotta house to get ready to sell! You looking for  a house near an airport?

CDNRatMan

Thanks Garry, it was nice to finally met you and your wonderful bride, and I'll contact you once the shirts are in.

garry anderson

Hi Andy, Diane and I enjoyed our long weekend in North Bay, you did a great job and it was a success,

Thanks Garry

CDNRatMan

:o I am telling Aunt Tracy you lie, I was in the front desk and was asking if you had checked out and I was trying to run out to see you but my leg buckled under me and I was down I near came close to losing my leg because I wanted to say goodbye to my Uncle Rolly.....you could not even wait an extra 5 mins, you only have a 5 hour ride to get home.......you had to leave at 0 dark hundred and not say good bye....I am also going to tell Harley to bit you......lol

RockinRollin

Excellent time, too bad Ratman slept in on the final day and I didn't get a chance to say good buy before I left.

CDNRatMan

:o Well Pilgrim, you were well roasted on a few evenings, and Mike you were missed, and was going to let you know still planning on being on the east coast end of Aug.......FYI

MikeakaFred

Looks like a H-E double hockey sticks of a time. ;D   Very sorry we couldn't make it !

M & l .....  in NS

This is my second trip through the 60's; the first time the drugs were better !

Pilgrim

Looks like a large time..hopefully I can make the next one. Those awards were nice. Thanks for posting the pictures.

mittico68

Wow! Never seen so many Drifters all together...
I wish I could have been there!
Well done, Andy!

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Pictures are in the section marked Pictures of anything....

Troll

Nice job, Andy. I wish I could have made it....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk