Drift-In 2013

Started by chief, October 24, 2012, 16:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

C O O L   !  Keep the pics comin'!

BamaBikerMom

Woot woot.... see yall in about 28 hours  8)

Troll

How about.....a couple/three

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

DC

And the pics of the Drift-In are where?  [taps foot]   ;)   ;D

paintedlady

I'm having a senior moment.  I think I registered for the Drift-In, but I can't remember for sure..... Is there any way I can check to make sure this got done along with getting my t-shirt ordered???  I do have a room at the hotel for me and David and Sandy already booked though.  Looking forward to another great gathering!!

Troll

I almost caused a disaster. I washed my bike in preparation for the trip to Helen. I decided to take it out and get it all buggy again (around here, a quick ride up the river is all it takes). I just checked the forecast for next week in Helen...let's hope it's correct!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

IBI-UBU

Hey ya'll...I'm sorry if I have caused any problems for ya'll at the hotel when I cancelled my reservation...I did not understand what the lady was referring to when she asked me if I was with VDR...So...Ya'll have a great time...and again...I am sorry for any problems I may have unknowingly caused....

Pilgrim

welcome! where are you coming from?
I'll probably see you there...

litlreddrifter

We are registered and so excited to go to our first Drift in
I can't wait!!!!!

DKtime

Looks like BamaBikerMom and I are going to attend. We will likely be rolling in around 10:30pm Friday and leaving Sunday morning. At least we will be there for the Saturday ride, bike show and banquet.
We aren't driving as far as most of you only a measly 210 miles. I'm impressed with the with the all the iron butts out there.
here's our route...

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Arab,+AL&daddr=Helen,+GA&hl=en&ll=34.393312,-85.105591&spn=2.461168,5.410767&sll=34.735063,-85.113862&sspn=2.451017,5.410767&geocode=FUanCwIdsi3Y-inLn3O5eOaJiDFUzztgYdReVg%3BFayAEQIdkFsC-ymhKjoL1DdfiDGoI2XZ_jfVjg&oq=he&dirflg=h&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

No interstates for us, almost all of it is just 2 lane blacktop west of Rome,GA.

BamaBikerMom

Just now getting around to making plans to attend.  does anyone know if there are still rooms available for Friday and Saturday night? 8)

UPDATE..... Just called and got our reservations (7/4/13)... and they have 1 room left........

racemom91

The Vaquero is a recent addition - we traded another bike on it - it's the one he rides when comfort is a factor...with a bad back the ride is now very important for anything over about an hour....and on the plus side it fits me too for the days when I just want a bit more power!  Very nice bike and it was a deal we just couldn't refuse....probably gonna stay stock though.  Really this is the bike he wants there with us to ride daily....but wants to show you all his hard work on the others!

The next project is going to be a "rat bike".  Ok, well after I get the one done I'm working on now - a 1500 that will be carbon fiber wrapped with apple green metallic striping - it's for sale, or it will be if I ever get it done. =)

racemom91

He bought his drifter after our son totaled his victory.  He had ridden my 800 (our first drifter) and really liked it, so went looking for a 1500...and then added a few little things...we get bored in Indiana over the winter...

racemom91

The rims are powder-coated - this project was started a year and a half ago and just finished about 2 weeks ago - - - been ridden four or five times since complete.  I will try to post a before and after on here.  You wouldn't believe the amount of pieces on this bike/sidecar that were from swap meets and junk piles!  The "guns" are/were chair legs - seriously.  Yes, the propeller turns.  We have it pinned except when riding in town as at about 35 mph it gets really scary sounding....afraid we're gonna burn out the bearings.  I'll post a link to the facebook album.

He really wants to bring it....I don't want to drag a 32' trailer....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417034051660127.110320.100000606061420&type=1&l=5172f88f11

DC

Quote from: racemom91 on July 02, 2013, 16:10:00 PM

Well we are definitely making the trip - leaving from NE Indiana.  The only question really is are we trailering or riding?  If we ride down I will bring the 800 and Tom will ride the Vaquero (easier on his back) - if we trailer then he will bring the 1500 drifter - -but then he got the sidecar done and he really wants to bring that too - - but then we'd have to bring the big trailer....so not sure what the hell we're doing - other than definitely going =).  Suggestions?

OMG!  That sidecar is 9000 steps beyond cool!   8)   8)   8)

Just curious, does the prop turn at all?

Did you/your husband get those rims powdercoated or straight spray painted?  How does the paint hold up on those?  I'm thinking of doing a similar thing on my rims, but I don't know how the finish will hold up.

greenbarn

Let's see, he Vaquero or the custom,tricked out, killer paint, bomber sidecar drifter?  That's a tough decision (no offence Chili  ;D )

Hey, why haven't we seen more pics of this beast on here earlier???

No Worries

FloridaDrifter

Oh, I'm voting for the bomber as well.

Troll

I wanna see THAT one!

racemom91

Well we are definitely making the trip - leaving from NE Indiana.  The only question really is are we trailering or riding?  If we ride down I will bring the 800 and Tom will ride the Vaquero (easier on his back) - if we trailer then he will bring the 1500 drifter - -but then he got the sidecar done and he really wants to bring that too - - but then we'd have to bring the big trailer....so not sure what the hell we're doing - other than definitely going =).  Suggestions?

Troll

This is just a random thought, or misfire...Why not post your route here, if you are going. I'm sure some of them will intersect, and possibly it could create a meeting up point for several riders who didn't previously know about each other...like I said, a random thought...FWIW.....

Troll

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody...and THE DRAGON!!!...I friend of mine, I went to high school with, and haven't seen for 46 years, just sent me some $25 gift certs for restaurants in Helen...be nice and I'll share ::)

Pilgrim

Troll

I'm leaving on Tuesday @ 0600...plan to be in Helen by about 1400 on the 17th....give or take a couple of hours. My route is:

ChilliDrift

Anyone from OH,IN or PA going down?.. I did schedule my vacation last year during this time and I might just be ready for a road trip.

Pilgrim

There is a little more info if you click on DETAILS and scroll down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk