Started by Brownie, January 25, 2017, 17:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brownie

greenbarn

Very nice , good looking Drifter

No Worries

Noodles

greenbarn

Noodles, welcome to the forum.  Max file size to attach a pic is 2048 kb, I read.  So maybe your I-device can resize it that small?  I don't know, I don't have an apple so can't help you on how to do it.

Welcome, again.

No Worries

drifter-paul

Welcome Noodles,

Try resizing the pixel density.

I'm near Gosford, NSW.

'99 Drifter 1500 from new, 167,000k.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Noodles

Quote from: CDNRatMan on January 18, 2018, 00:22:28 AM

where?

Sorry, can't upload it on my iPad or iPhone, it says my file is too large.

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Brownie

Quote from: Noodles on January 13, 2018, 15:54:41 PM

Yep sure is, with just about every extra imaginable

Can you throw a pic up on here,? sure would like to see it.......

Noodles

Quote from: Brownie on January 12, 2018, 20:49:42 PM

G,day Mate ,,,2002 same year as mine is it black?

Yep sure is, with just about every extra imaginable

Brownie

Quote from: Noodles on January 10, 2018, 22:09:08 PM

Hi I'm in Coffs Harbour NSW and have a 2002 1500 Drifter that I've owned for 8 years

G,day Mate ,,,2002 same year as mine is it black?

Noodles

Hi I'm in Coffs Harbour NSW and have a 2002 1500 Drifter that I've owned for 8 years

Brownie

Quote from: Bully70 on October 06, 2017, 20:52:42 PM

Very rare indeed,  I just picked up a 2001 model here in Brisbane,  only had it for a few days and loving it.   Still trying to work out how many are around.  I see from kawasaki that only 50 were brought into australia.  49 in 1999 and I in 2000.   So not sure where the 2001 model fits in.   I noticed only one other for sale in Australia last week.

G,day Bully70,It seems  getting fellow Aussie owners to reply is very rare, great to here of another owner....

Bully70

Very rare indeed,  I just picked up a 2001 model here in Brisbane,  only had it for a few days and loving it.   Still trying to work out how many are around.  I see from kawasaki that only 50 were brought into australia.  49 in 1999 and I in 2000.   So not sure where the 2001 model fits in.   I noticed only one other for sale in Australia last week.   

Brownie

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Brownie

testing one two three just testing to see if I can load pics heres a rear rack I made that takes a top box,fairley simple to make if you wanted to give it a go? just an Idea

drifter-paul

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Washbrook

Sorry, I forgot all about it. Let me take some photos of what I have. Sorry for forgetting.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

drifter-paul

Hi Washbrook,

Have acquired a topbox from a Nomad Vulcan owner, for PC tuition provided (starting to do some handyman work, need some luggage capacity).

Do you still have the rear luggage carrier and back rest you mentioned in May ? You were going to supply photos ?

:)

Washbrook

It is all packed up in my shed. I will get it down on the weekend and take some photos.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

mittico68

Quote from: Washbrook on May 21, 2017, 01:06:28 AM

I actually have a rear luggage carrier and back rest that I took of my drifter gathering dust, I have no intention of using it again.

Any pics? I would be definitely interested...

I love my swingin' bike!

Washbrook

Thanks for the update. Sorry for delay responding, been a busy month at work. Good to hear the bike arrived even though it took so long. I actually have a rear luggage carrier and back rest that I took of my drifter gathering dust, I have no intention of using it again. If I had know I could hve saved you some effort, for a small price of course. Oh well nect time.

Paul, whlist I do not know Leanne, it is Always bad when someone falls. My drifter has been going well with no issues at all. Recently got a Roadmaster so the wife can sit up back, we are selling her bike.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Brownie

G,Day realised I didn't give a up date on the 1500 ,she arrived,Yee fricken Ha it took roughly 6 weeks to get her here,but she did arrive and in good nick too,as soon as I work out how to upload pics I will,been busy,, made a back rest and luggage rack for the double up seat,and now I'm making one for the solo,and just about got my front engine/foot rest /guard, finished ..I've been on a couple of rides and Im still amazed I haven't seen another Drifter on the road ,800 or 1500,....shame really ....cheers

drifter-paul

Hi Wash,

Shitfight in April, fitting new steering head races & bearings (160,000). Mate coming tomorrow to grind a special tool out of a 36mm socket, so I can check the correct torque for the locknut on the steering stem - feels like it falls out of corners - but couldn't feel any slop when we tried to rock the forks.

Had 3 weeks in sunny QLD with my Rockhampton brother - floods overrated - but airport unusable on way up.

Trying to get some leather fringe(in OZ) to hang off the back of the solo seat.

Got some Tan pinstripe tape from o/s to redo the left side of tank, but it is a different shade to what I have now.

Replaced the V&H retainer screws on the mufflers, because I wore them almost flat on the corners.

Going to remove the wave baffles I made for the exhaust, and wrap some packing around them - they rattle in the muffler on goat tracks -(i.e. 1/2 the NSW roads).

Seen some of your vids - personally I get a little dizzy watching them, two half-trip ones at normal speeds would be even better. I need to log some of those roads for when I head down to Mexico( ;)) next summer.

How is the Gooseberry ghost going?

P.S. Leanne in QLD, had a bad pogo/wallow/whoop-de-doo crash near Gympie on her Drifter - she is recovering with inserted pins, gravel rash & physio. No loss of body parts or permanent physical reminders.

Cheers, P

Washbrook

How is the bike going?

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk