My take of hidden key

Started by tnttoolman, August 15, 2017, 17:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

GreenBarn is in Ohio and Washbrook is in OZ like yourself......and I have a lot of parts that are not shipped to Canada for some stupid reason or another I get shipped to GreenBarn and he forwards them to me......You might be thinking of 49 Reo......his dad lives in MT.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

drifter-paul

CDNRatMan,

One of our Canadian members (Greenbank or Washbrook) let me  use his Father's USA address (will post to USA only) then crossed the border himself, repacked my Tan Corbin solo seat and forwarded it to me in OZ.  Will take you up on that offer, for US non-OEM items.

Thanks, Paul~

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

CDNRatMan

One of the plots of e bay paying more for shipping for the item then the item was worth. But again if you really want it then you will buy it. You should have asked me I would have sent you a pair of them and bet it would have been cheaper then ebay shipping.....oh and in Canada the side reflectors come on the bike and can be removed, but I left mine on and bought round ones from an ATV, they are smaller and look better than rectangular or square ones.....thinking of putting LED lights in their place......

drifter-paul

You've sold me on the tank one, have ordered one. Cheapest postage is twice the item price to Australia, but I do like the style  ;D

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

mittico68

Quote from: tnttoolman on August 16, 2017, 12:53:12 PM

It still comes out if you want.

I know. And I guess that it should let you leave the key on, if you like... I don't.

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Lever from a rifle that I had to get GreenBarn to mail to me because ebay does not ship rifle parts to Canada.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-5-A-R-M-S-Rifle-Scope-Laser-Tactical-Mount-Levers-Handgun-Shotgun-Hunting-/301418856278?hash=item462df6bf56:g:tZcAAOSwnDZUKiW~

I like them and they are different....lol.....

tnttoolman

Love it!  What did you use for the handle?

CDNRatMan

I did this last winter and use it for the gas cap on long trips so I do not have to fumble for the keys either in my pocket or in the ignition switch. I also made one the same for the ignition switch. I find this ideal for travelling because my bulky keys are now in my sissy bar pack and out of sight. These small keys fit my vest pockets or my pants pockets....

tnttoolman

It still comes out if you want.

mittico68

That's a cool job.
But I do prefer to not leave the key on, when I walk off my bike.

I love my swingin' bike!

tnttoolman

Found an old bakelite knob, slotted it, cut down the key, and JB Weld it in place.  Somewhat hides it to someone who does know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk