Back after 15 years

Started by gwilki, May 20, 2021, 10:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2beers

Beautiful bike.  Glad you're back!

We've always been car crazy.  We've always been bike crazy.  Most people agree we're just plain crazy.

gwilki

The tank "badges" were actually hand painted when the bike was customized. The pin striping is also hand painted.

Like Like x 2 View List

mittico68

My ears were ringing...  ;)
Nice 2-tone combo!
BTW: do you know what brand are those tank badges?

I love my swingin' bike!

gwilki

In May, I bought this bike and introduced myself to this group. Since then, I've replaced all the fluids, installed new black stainless steel brake lines, new brake pads, a used rotor on the front, new front shock springs, new tires and put the stock dual seat back on. (A single Corbin came with the bike.)

The spokes are in bad shape as far as looks go and I tried to install black Spoke Coats, but that did not work out. I'm going to live with them until the season is over,then clean and paint them, I think. I may blacken the exhaust then,too.

Several of the members here have helped me along the way with good advice. I really appreciate all the help.

Early on, one member reminded me " no pics, didn't happen". So, finally, here is a pic.

Like Like x 3 View List

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

gwilki

Tks, TJ. I have a bit of wrenching to do on it, but so far, she seems to be fine on the road.

Like Like x 1 View List

tj

Quote from: gwilki on May 20, 2021, 10:15:37 AM

In 1999, I bought a shiny new 1500 Drifter. I road it for several years, then foolishly sold it. I had never been without a bike in the 50+ years before I sold the Drifter. Now, it's 2021, I'm 71 and the itch simply got to be too much. I just bought a shiny, but not new, 1999 1500 Drifter with 9500km on it.
It was a raffle bike at the 1999 Toronto Ontario motorcycle show, so has been custom painted, after market exhausted and single seated.

It's good to be back among Drifter owners.

Good for you and welcome!

I see you're in Ottawa...a lot of great roads around those parts.

Happy riding and post a pic.

gwilki

mittico68

SO, welcome back!
But remember: no pics = it didn't happen...  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

gwilki

In 1999, I bought a shiny new 1500 Drifter. I road it for several years, then foolishly sold it. I had never been without a bike in the 50+ years before I sold the Drifter. Now, it's 2021, I'm 71 and the itch simply got to be too much. I just bought a shiny, but not new, 1999 1500 Drifter with 9500km on it.
It was a raffle bike at the 1999 Toronto Ontario motorcycle show, so has been custom painted, after market exhausted and single seated.

It's good to be back among Drifter owners.

Like Like x 2 View List

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk