ANY INTEREST IN REAR CRASH BARS?

Started by Tector, March 07, 2021, 18:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tector

I FINALLY got the rear crash bars installed today.  I've started another thread ("AT LAST! SUCCESS! REAR CRASH BARS!") with the pertinent info.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

Iceman42

I would be interest for a 1500 rear crash bars.

tj

No worries, maybe someone else will post a picture. :)

Troll

Sorry, no I can't post a picture because I don't have them anymore.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

tj

Quote from: Troll on May 10, 2021, 07:10:25 AM

Uppers are welded on. They go under the shock at the top. The lower bolts to the foot peg bracket.

Could you post a pic?

Troll

Uppers are welded on. They go under the shock at the top. The lower bolts to the foot peg bracket.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Tector

I met up with the local fabricator today.  He has a piece of tubing that is bent into the appropriate shape, and he has made the two brackets necessary for one bar.  But neither he nor I know how the brackets attach to the bar, or how the brackets attach to the bike.  So I'm looking for guidance (including on this forum).  Stay tuned.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

Tector

The guy who agreed to try making these bars has FINALLY gotten back in touch with me, and he thinks he has them ready to go.  I'm going to meet with him this weekend, and he's going to see if they will fit on my bike.  I will post an update after that.

OR Seedman

I would take a set if priced at $149.  I actually would take them in raw steel as I have a chrome shop I work with locally.

OR Seedman

Tector

Yes, I got the plans from Ted.
No, I don't yet know what they'll cost, and I haven't yet found anyone who will commit to making them, but I'm working on it.
Sorry, I don't know how these could be made for a Drifter 800.  (Those are great looking bikes, and I'd like to help, but that's above my pay grade.)
I don't have a solo seat rail on my bike, so I have nothing to use as a template for someone who might make them for me (I'm not someone who has that capability myself).
I will keep updating this post periodically to let all know if I find someone who can make these, and if so, what they will cost.

tj

Quote from: Tector on March 07, 2021, 18:05:21 PM

I've obtained the plans for making rear crash bars for the Drifter 1500.  I am hoping to get a set for myself.  As might be expected, it would cost a lot to have someone make just one set, although I'm still checking with different fabricators to see how low a price I can get.  But I would like to know if anyone else out there would be interested in a set of these?  IF I can get them made (and that's a BIG if), I would figure on selling one set for $149, just like when they were previously available.  (That would be black powder-coated.  Chrome would be a good option for those with chrome Drifters, but that would require finding someone who can do the chrome plating, which may be tricky.)

So, please respond if you are interested.  I'll try to keep everyone informed on my progress with this.

Yes, interested.
Did you get the plans from Ted?

Troll

Possibly...depends on actual price

Easy Drifter

I would love to get a set of rear crash bars, but I have an 800. 

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

Tim

Any chance you could do the solo seat rail?  ;)

Tector

I've obtained the plans for making rear crash bars for the Drifter 1500.  I am hoping to get a set for myself.  As might be expected, it would cost a lot to have someone make just one set, although I'm still checking with different fabricators to see how low a price I can get.  But I would like to know if anyone else out there would be interested in a set of these?  IF I can get them made (and that's a BIG if), I would figure on selling one set for $149, just like when they were previously available.  (That would be black powder-coated.  Chrome would be a good option for those with chrome Drifters, but that would require finding someone who can do the chrome plating, which may be tricky.)

So, please respond if you are interested.  I'll try to keep everyone informed on my progress with this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk