INTERNATIONAL CHAPTERS > Australia

G,Day Blokes

(1/9) > >>

Brownie:
Hey cobbers just joined this Drifter family ...I live in Victoria down on the peninsula will be taking possession of a 2002 1500 drifter very soon, in transit as I type....love to join up with any other Drifters here in Vic,although I'm guessing there isn't  that many...well if ya Interested in a meet and greet just need to Holler cheers for now

Washbrook:
Not many of us in VIC. Welcome. I only pop in every now and then.

Brownie:

--- Quote from: Washbrook on January 31, 2017, 18:06:57 PM ---Not many of us in VIC. Welcome. I only pop in every now and then.

--- End quote ---

yes looks like the Victorian Drifter rider is a endangered species ,very rare I see but I did figure that I still haven't seen a Drifter on the open road yet,that's why I bought one ,still hasn't arrived yet hanging out....well thanks for the reply see out there sometime cheers

Washbrook:
There are at least 2 others around, I ran into one near Chadstone, I live near there. and another outside of Lillydale on a ride. Let me know when yours arrives and we can compared them.

FYI check out: http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=18150.25

Here is an excerpt from page 2:

I have been trying to get a definitive answer on how many Drifters were sold in Australia. Kawasaki Australia sent me a response today which blew me away:

----------------
Dear Norman.

The Kawasaki Drifter was imported in to Australia for the 1999 Model Year. There were approx 50 units sold in 1999-2000. There was one 2000 Model Year unit sold, sales were slow of the Vulcan 1500 Drifter model and it was not imported again after 1999.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Murray Sayle
Homologation, Industry Relations & Technical Marketing Assistant
Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd
Unit Q, 10-16 South Street
Rydalmere, NSW, 2116, Australia

---------

Based on the above I own 1 of only 50 bikes in Australia. There are probably a few which are no longer on the road so this is indeed a rare breed.

Brownie:

--- Quote from: Washbrook on February 05, 2017, 18:36:44 PM ---There are at least 2 others around, I ran into one near Chadstone, I live near there. and another outside of Lillydale on a ride. Let me know when yours arrives and we can compared them.

FYI check out: http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=18150.25

Here is an excerpt from page 2:

I have been trying to get a definitive answer on how many Drifters were sold in Australia. Kawasaki Australia sent me a response today which blew me away:

----------------
Dear Norman.

The Kawasaki Drifter was imported in to Australia for the 1999 Model Year. There were approx 50 units sold in 1999-2000. There was one 2000 Model Year unit sold, sales were slow of the Vulcan 1500 Drifter model and it was not imported again after 1999.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Murray Sayle
Homologation, Industry Relations & Technical Marketing Assistant
Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd
Unit Q, 10-16 South Street
Rydalmere, NSW, 2116, Australia

---------

Based on the above I own 1 of only 50 bikes in Australia. There are probably a few which are no longer on the road so this is indeed a rare breed.

--- End quote ---

Old Chastone ,my old stomping ground I use to live on Railway pde,good area....that really surprises me there isn,t  more Drifters around,but I guess they may not be everyone's cup of tea,mine,s coming from WA I think they maybe pushing it,or it could be im just being Impatient ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version